JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Who is Kel Spencer?

Silver Tiger

Man, i thought i replied 2 this post a few days ago...but i don't see it...so let me drop some newz.

"The Building" is the 1st single. Kel feels really good about it and as of right now, that's what he's going with. The track is popping up on a handful of mixtapes 2. Kel has found a promising label deal here in Maryland and he's actually moving down here 2 test the waters. He's talked about doing a show here and there...so since he's in my backyard, i'm totally gonna be there.

I can't wait 2 see how all this is gonna come 2gether. It's been a long tyme comin.'

I waz outta town 2day and driving back home (from PA back 2 MD) and i had my favorite radio station on (93.9 WKYS) and i waz totally zoned out. My mind waz on autopiolet and the radio waz kinda turned down. I waz nodding my head 2 what waz on the radio and snapped outta my daze. "My Buddy" waz playing. I instantly woke up and got live. I don't think i would have been anymore excited if my own joint waz getting real airplay. I waz so hyped i almost gave Kel a call...ha ha. For real, Kel Spence if FINALLY blowing up. Good music is fighting it's way 2 the forfront 1 artist at a time.

Well it seems like a sign of great things to come, that's awesome news for real, btw I'm working on reviews right now for both Kel mixtapes, finally got some time to get to it, I never forgot about it

• 5 weeks later...

Thanx!! It's downloading now. I really can't wait 2 hear that the album is finally about finished and coming out. Kel deserves all the success that's gonna come his way.

Since the mixtape newz is old...i think we should retitle this as The Official Kel Spencer Thread...ha ha

Yeah. Is his album really still coming out tho? I mean, Spring is just around the corner in these next couple months. Are we still gonna see "Live on the Air w/ MC Lyte" or was that shot dead with not the promotional push Kel was looking to get? He told me "The Building" got sent to my radio station around here (106.7 WAMO - Pittsburgh). I heard "My Buddy" too, but it was just the Musiq solo version. I made the mistake AJ didn't do. Whoops.

Even tho this would be the official, I bet people will still ask "Who Is Kel Spencer?" The mixtape apparently isn't old, because Kel is still promoting it. I already got his EP on it's way. What else am I suppose to do? :lol:

I peeped that track. I can't say that the beat is that impressive...or that the other guys on the track deserve 2 be rhyming alongside Kel....but it is cool 2 hear his progression. Do u know when this track waz done. I think it's safe 2 say that it didn't get recorded any later than 2003ish cuz his game has improved alot. U'll notice that with The Streets Know That EP. His game is tighter and his production has taken a big step up.

And yes, Student of The Game is still getting worked on...and it WILL be comin' out. Our recent chat supports all that.

I'm still looking forward to seeing KeL do bigger things and progressing UPWARD in '07.

I'm in the studio everyday, getting certified as a Master Audio Engineer,.. so I'm sure Imma be listening 2 his joints (and others) from an engineer's perspective. haha. :thumbsup:

~ Cookie