JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Who is Kel Spencer?

Silver Tiger

BG sold about 100,000 in the first month of sales and it's only selling 8,000 copies a week at the moment, basically only a lil' better than what Master P's last album did on Koch, not better than Will's "Lost and Found" that sold 700,000 copies though, since Ice Cube is a big time movie star he might sell 300,000 albums I predict, if he goes on Interscope or Def Jam he could probably move a lil' bit more than that and sell basically what Will and LL sell on majors but he probably gets a better check so it's all good, I guess he don't want the aggrevation, the only Will would ever considering going independent I think if he gives up doing films for a while, Ice Cube is taking a break from filming and is planning to release a few albums to make up for the six years of filming, I could actually see why he did it if I think about it...

Edited by bigted

That's right this thread is about Kel Spencer, post your reviews for the mixtape or anything Kel Spencer related here, this topic is about him, I think Kel'd love to be in the position that Will's in right now, it should be the opposite, Will should offer him a contract through Overbrook and Kel could release his album through Overbrook/Interscope, I'd love for 700,000 fans to buy his album, he'd get much more exposure than releasing it through an independent label, the public need to find out about him, I just don't get why Will can't hook him up 'cause they're so tight, I mean come on now Will could bring him along the next time he goes on TRL and 106 & Park, and to say that Will should join Kel's label is a joke, I mean come on now Will's sales would be even worse if that happened, Kel's just trying to make it right now...

Edited by bigted

I think it is Kel`s decission. I`m shure Will wanted to hook him up with a Label. I mean, come on.. We are talking about Will Smith here. He could get him anywhere, from Def Jam & Interscoop till Master P`s Label & Terror Squad,lol. I`m also pretty shure that Bad Boy offered him a deal.. Puffy likes that sort of Mc`s (Since he signed Aasim) and Kel writes for him too. I think Kel just dont wanna be signed as a artist by himself. He wants that label with his brothers. Maybe he wants the whole Label to be signed, like Roc-A-Fella to def Jam back in the day. But thats a big thing to ask if you never had a big hit and stuff.

Edited by Turntable

That'd been huge if Kel rapped on one of the remixes to "Switch" or even rhymed on the original for that matter, especially since he was involved in writing it, he could've easily done that, maybe he don't want to be in the spotlight though I guess, you sorta get the impression that he just does it for fun 'cause Will and all the other rappers he wrote for like Puffy, Teddy Riley, and Lil' Kim could've hooked him up with a major deal by now if he really wanted it, I mean come on now you work with all those people and you still can't get a major deal for many years? lol If I was in his shoes and I wanted a deal I'm sure I coulda got one of them to hook me up, either that or he wants to really just do it on his own without anybody helping, even though that's kinda hard to do...

Edited by bigted

I'd prefere if yall would just call me mark! thanks!

Well he was talking about starting a label with his brother in that interview posted on this site last year, I'm not quite sure if that happened yet though...

Yea, that has already happened. AJ and I (maybe other fans too) get "The Weekly Bread" from KEL religiously, and he did a TBN interview with his brother, Lance in which he also sent the link. They are just so well spoken, and focused, ... I truly do hope to see both of them succeed... KEl talks about working with Will, and alot of factors along the path to where he's been, and heading and how God plays a majour role in his life. Here is a link for any of you guys who would like to see KEL's live interview that was broadcast across the globe (worldwide) .. so I dont want the fam to miss out, when the rest of the world has seen this... so amazing...

TBN Interview

peace,

cookie

oh my badd... look for this on the page...

Monday Apr 03, 2006

A.R. Bernard hosts Dino Kartsonakis, Gloria Gaynor,

Lance Bennet, Larry Bennett, Otis Henderson, Smile

and Voices of CCC at the Christian Cultural Center in

Brooklyn, NY.

Edited by 3cookies

Wow that's great for a mixtape to sell over 1000 copies, especially since you could only get it online...

• 2 months later...

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS FROM KEL SPENCER'S MYSPACE BULLETIN btw, can we just have ONE Kel Spencer sticky in "Caught In The Middle"?

-------------------------

When: Tonight 10pm-12am (East Coast Time)

Where: www.rocklandworldradio.com and listen LIVE!!!

This is one of the hottest new online Hip Hop radio shows and they're already getting about 25,000 listeners per show....

Broadcasting LIVE TONIGHT from the top of the Hudson House!! You can even call in tonight if you like and kick it with us at 845-290-9493.

I'll be up there playing exclusive joints, answering questions about what's next in my career and just doing that thing that I do!!!

You need to stop playing and check that out. Why?? Cuz I'm your homie and you ain't got nothing else to do, Lol!!!!

Where: www.rocklandworldradio.com

And remember, that's 10pm-12am EAST COAST TIME. Find out what time that is in your area and tune in, Jim!!!! I'll see you there....

-KS

www.Cdbaby.com/cd/KelSpencer

"Wilderness Video" on my page Now!!!

----------------------------------------------

In the words of Yung Joc, "it's goin' down..." Time to peep like it's Easter Sunday. Who is Kel Spencer?, find out on the radio show tonight, tonite, 2nite!