JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"80% fans of hiphop are white, only 6% are black"

Damian

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rappers Delight" introduced hip-hop to white people around the world, in the US and World overall I think black/latino people make up like 10% of the population, might be even less than that....

"Rapper's Delight" introduced Hip-Hop to the world, period. It had nothing to do with any white acceptance or perception of Hip-Hop. It was the first Hip-Hop hit, nothing more, nothing less.

The population thing is completely off. Latino is a demographic that only speaks to this hemisphere, and the black population worldwide I'm sure at least equals of the white considering that the population of Africa is greater than that of Europe.

Its kind of uninteresting if you think of it, I mean... does it matter if your fans are white or black? No... at least it shouldnt matter. White and black people listens to the same music 2005 (with some exceptions maybe), just like it should be,

That may be in YOUR country my friend, but not in the USA.

Most black/latino peeps are low income so they might not be able to buy official albums

That is not true. Most black and latino CITIZENS in this country are considered middle class

Back in the days before "Rappers Delight" their used to be free block parties in the Bronx that mostly blacks and latinos would attend, maybe a few whites in between, hip-hop as a buisiness wasn't profitable at all at that point...

Actually, that was city wide and we had more block parties and park jams here in Brooklyn than they did in the Bronx. "Rapper's Delight" didn't have anything to do with it ending either. Not a huge point but it needed to be said. :wiggle:

White consumers control hip-hop since it became commercial with "Rapper's Delight", before that it was just heard underground by a handful of blacks and latinos

Hip-Hop did not become commercial until Run DMC's "Walk This Way", the Beastie Boys and MTV's Yo, MTV Raps. It was then that the majors first started getting interested and marketing to white audiences began in earnest.

80% fans of hiphop are white, only 6% are black.

Maybe world wide, but no way in the USA. Definitely more white fans than black here, but nowhere near the disparity in numbers. In fact, that would mean that 14% would be "other".

Prodigy dodn't exacly said, if he means USA or world wide. Personally I thought he was talking about world.

Yeah, that could be. I would really like to see that data though.

Lers agree with it. What's next?

Nothing. That's totally on Mobb Deep. :shrug:

That may be in YOUR country my friend, but not in the USA.

Why?

So why it is so big blank beetwen white & black hh listeners? Maybe it is link up with material things.

It's a BIG country man, with a LOT of different areas and peoples. A LOT of white people don't care for Hip-Hop or other types of Urban music, and a LOT of blacks and Latinos don't care for Rock or Country. Just a quick example. It's all good.

80% fans of hiphop are white, only 6% are black.

Maybe world wide, but no way in the USA. Definitely more white fans than black here, but nowhere near the disparity in numbers. In fact, that would mean that 14% would be "other".

Prodigy dodn't exacly said, if he means USA or world wide. Personally I thought he was talking about world.

Yeah, that could be. I would really like to see that data though.

When I asked whats next? I meant what other stuff is incorect?:)

Oh, I'm done. I won't bother with Renagade Tim and Maddblock, their stuff is too far out there to be taken seriously. :paperbag:

Its kind of uninteresting if you think of it, I mean... does it matter if your fans are white or black? No... at least it shouldnt matter.

:word: Stop making a diffrence between black and white.

I'm glad that you Europeans can think that way. I'm waiting for the day when we can think that way in this country too. Hopefully it will happen before I die. :word:

Well to bring this topic more to a direct relevance, Mobb Deep really lost their street credability when they dissed Pac after he died, heartless punks! :hmm:

Oh, I'm done. I won't bother with Renagade Tim and Maddblock, their stuff is too far out there to be taken seriously. :paperbag:

Its kind of uninteresting if you think of it, I mean... does it matter if your fans are white or black? No... at least it shouldnt matter.

I'm glad that you Europeans can think that way. I'm waiting for the day when we can think that way in this country too. Hopefully it will happen before I die. :word:

That would be great. But can you explain to me why it isn`t the same in the U.S.A. than it is here (Europe)?

probably the same reason why it would be ok in a film for a black guy and a white girl to be together in europe but not in america. Who knows?

What i dont understand is, we're not any less racist over here, i mean just recently an 18 year old was killed with an ice axe and it was proved he was killed coz he was black.

i dont understand the whole racism thing. :stars:

That would be great. But can you explain to me why it isn`t the same in the U.S.A. than it is here (Europe)?

Because here in the USA we have had legally institutionalized racism up until just 40 years ago, and still have the illegal kind.

What i dont understand is, we're not any less racist over here, i mean just recently an 18 year old was killed with an ice axe and it was proved he was killed coz he was black.

Yes "we" are, I think. Cases like this are extreme but it doesn`t happen often. You can say a whole nation is kinda racist just caus some extreme Groups do stuff like that. It`s a fact that most of the Europena Country are less racist than big parts of the U.S.A.

Because here in the USA we have had legally institutionalized racism up until just 40 years ago, and still have the illegal kind.

:stars: That`s sad. But I think that`s gonna change with the coming generations.

Yes "we" are, I think. Cases like this are extreme but it doesn`t happen often. You can say a whole nation is kinda racist just caus some extreme Groups do stuff like that. It`s a fact that most of the Europena Country are less racist than big parts of the U.S.A.

:stars: That`s sad. But I think that`s gonna change with the coming generations.

Yup, me too! Just hope I get to see it! :1-say-yes:

probably the same reason why it would be ok in a film for a black guy and a white girl to be together in europe but not in america. Who knows?

i dont understand the whole racism thing. :stars:

You and the rest of the sane world :stars: I have kids in my school still drawing swastikas and claiming they would kill any black person/arab/"Paki" if they ever had the access to guns.