JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"80% fans of hiphop are white, only 6% are black"

Damian

um there is more then 10% in America because there are more blacks in America then Whites

if that's the case then why aren't white americans the minority? :hmm: ..Afr. Americans are a 13% minority in this country, check the stats

If when you think of America you just think of the US you are right, but not if you America as North, Central and South America. There are more people of African decent in Brazil than any country outside of the African continent. Also, the majority of the countries in the Western Hemisphere are Spanish speaking. Latino and blacks are the dominant numbers in the Americas, but not in the US. Not yet at least.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion I think a lot of this street credability s***/commercial s*** is overrated, music is music no matter who listens to it, like Slick Rick or JJFP'd tell you they make music for everybody to listen to and that's what hip-hop is about, music for everyone...

btw, I think a lot of those who bought "Big Willie Style" jumped off the bandwagon when Eminem came out, I think most of those who diss Will now are probably white kids who don't even listen to much hip-hop but Eminem so their opinions don't really hold no weight if they only listen to one mc, besides anybody with an appreciation for quality music wouldn't jump off the bandwagon when "Willenium" dropped, they obviously don't know quality so Will don't need disposable fans like that anyway...I think it's reverse racism though if blacks hate on Em just 'cause he's white, I could see if they hate on him if they think his music is wack after his 1st 2 albums, I could agree with that, lol, probably most who know hip-hop whether they're black or white apprecitate what JJFP have done for hip-hop...

There was an article saying that mostly white kids listen to underground hip-hop too so I don't think record sales have to do with it, there's less people listening to KRS-ONE than Will Smith but maybe it's about the same percentage of white people listening to both of them, maybe like 70% out of 100,000 for KRS and 70% out of 800,000 for Will....

btw, it's bad for Mobb Deep to release their album the same week as LL, they should know better...

Edited by bigted

So what Eminem does those same type of jokes too in his songs, so that means he ain't rap either? :willvspaparazzi: Beastie Boys did a lot of comedy in their songs but they do political tracks too, if they ain't hip-hop, I don't know what is? You could make a rap song about anything I thought.... How do you define rap, smartass? :hmm: White rappers might rap about the suburban life but that makes them just as real as the black rappers who rap about the 'hood life in my book... If you don't like them that's one thing, but to say they ain't rap is ridiculous and loses credability in my book, millions would tell you different, who died and made you the rap god to define who's doing rap songs and who ain't? You can't be a joke if you have a 20 year in the music industry either, respect the legends, son!.... Let's be clear Eminem'd tell you that Beastie Boys opened the doors for him, he said that on TRL before I think...

Edited by bigted

I heard on the radio a while back that in a few years Blacks will outnumber whites, I forgot if it was in NYC or the whole country.

beastie boys aint rap dey made jokes about penis and **** they were helluh funny but as far as rap dey were a joke

WTF!!!???!?!?!?!?

Saying that is like saying Run DMC was a rock band because they used electric guitars.

But I am not shocked at 80% of fans being white. I go up to high society :lolsign: A.K.A. the Staten Island Mall. and I see all these white kids with chains, saggy pants and for some reason they REALLY LOVE the brand :ECKO. The worst part is that all these white kids use the word "n!gga"!!!!! that is really going too far. they also act poor when they go home in cars that look like something I'd have to spend an entire year's income on!!!

Ok, now I think I understand why hip hop, a music from black people is mostly listen by white peeps.

1. More white people live in the USA. They have more money, so they can buy more cds, right?

2. Bisnes is mostly lead by white men for a white kids. (<-- stupid?)

80% fans of hiphop are white, only 6% are black.

Maybe world wide, but no way in the USA. Definitely more white fans than black here, but nowhere near the disparity in numbers. In fact, that would mean that 14% would be "other".

Prodigy dodn't exacly said, if he means USA or world wide. Personally I thought he was talking about world.

White consumers control hip-hop since it became commercial with "Rapper's Delight", before that it was just heard underground by a handful of blacks and latinos

Hip-Hop did not become commercial until Run DMC's "Walk This Way", the Beastie Boys and MTV's Yo, MTV Raps. It was then that the majors first started getting interested and marketing to white audiences began in earnest.

Maybe world wide, but no way in the USA. Definitely more white fans than black here, but nowhere near the disparity in numbers. In fact, that would mean that 14% would be "other".

Prodigy dodn't exacly said, if he means USA or world wide. Personally I thought he was talking about world.

Yeah, that could be. I would really like to see that data though.

White consumers control hip-hop since it became commercial with "Rapper's Delight", before that it was just heard underground by a handful of blacks and latinos

Hip-Hop did not become commercial until Run DMC's "Walk This Way", the Beastie Boys and MTV's Yo, MTV Raps. It was then that the majors first started getting interested and marketing to white audiences began in earnest.

Yeah, that could be. I would really like to see that data though.

Lers agree with it. What's next?