JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rapreviews.com show Will love!

fan 4ever

Sup y'all,

On rapreviews.com they are doing "The Year in review"!

Every writer has to put down their top 10 albums off this year!

This guy, Adam Bernard, has Lost & Found at #2!

Great news! :2thumbs:

Check it out!

2. Will Smith: Lost and Found

The Fresh Prince was another artist who made a triumphant return in 2005. While "Switch" was a good first single the real meat of the album is in tracks like "Lost and Found," "If You Can't Dance," "Mr. NiceGuy," "I Wish I Made That" and "Ms. Holy Roller" where he reminds listeners that he is one of rap's all time greats and should be mentioned along side the likes of KRS-ONE and 2Pac. Unlike most of today's rappers, however, he does this more so by SHOWING why he should rank there rather than just saying it.

source: http://www.rapreviews.com/year/05adamb.html

They actually put Will on a list with real mcs! :mygod: I wouldn't mind if Will did a collab with J-Live and Hot Karl, those are great lyricists...

I'm actually happier to see rap heads give Will props, they hold more credability than those who pick 50 Cent to be nominated for a Grammy award...

Edited by bigted

I actually found out Hot Karl when I heard a song from him on the "NBA Live 2003" soundtrack, he got some nice punchlines and he raps with substance, those who think Eminem is the dopest white rapper'd be proven wrong 'cause this white boy got more game than Em, I heard that he won a freestyle competition for a Cali radio station for 44 straight days, beleve me if he rapped about killing his mother everyone in the world'd know about him, lol. You should check him out but I don't think his album is close to "Lost and Found"'s level but hey it's better they say his album instead of 50 Cent being better than Will's...

EDIT: Here's an in depth interview with Hot Karl, you'll learn about him better when you read this:

http://www.geocities.com/hiphopinterview/hotkarl.html

Edited by bigted