JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Morgan Freeman Calls Black History Month 'Ridiculous'

bigted

Moreover, kids aren't generally interested in black history outside of black history month.

Kids aren't generally interested in history period outside of black history month, usually not even during it. The problem is more that teachers/parents/leaders don't care about black history outside of black history month.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's kinda wack too how it's a big issue when there's a white rapper or basketball player, why can't people just refer to them as rappers and basketball players like all the black ones get referred to as? I mean it's kind of stupid to say that Eminem's a 'white boy' rapper or Keith Van Horn is the 'great white hope' basketball player, stereotypes need to stop...

lol, damn I can't believe I actually defended Eminem on something but I only don't like most of his songs, it's not 'cause he's white that I don't like him, but it's like you hear black people say "f*** that white boy, he's ruining hip-hop, only us real n***s should rap", that's reverse racism, I wouldn't diss him 'cause he's white and I think anybody could be a rapper no matter what race they are, you should judge somebody by what they do, not what they look like...

I found it kinda disturbing too that Larry Bird'd say that the NBA'd be better if more white players were in the league, if white players have good enough skills to play in the league is how they should make it just like black players with the skills, you can't just throw players in with no talent just 'cause they're white....

Edited by bigted

Moreover, kids aren't generally interested in black history outside of black history month.

Kids aren't generally interested in history period outside of black history month, usually not even during it. The problem is more that teachers/parents/leaders don't care about black history outside of black history month.

True...