JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Good Aggresive Hip Hop Albums?

Turntable

Common's "Electric Cirus", Mos Def's "The New Danger", and The Roots "Phrenology" are some aggressive hip-hop albums, I don't get how some so-called hip-hop fans could diss those albums when they complain about other rappers not being original, how could you get more original than those albums?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 Cent's "Massacre" is a sign of hypocrisy, he disses Ja Rule for singing on hooks and now he's doing basically the same thing on every track of the album, he'll do anything just to get $$$$$$, he's a sellout, he hasn't been hard since he became famous, even Vanilla Ice is harder than him, he's actually the opposite of Eminem and 50, he came out soft but now he's hard but he ain't a great mc by any means, I do feel a lil' bad though that the public only remembers Vanilla Ice for his soft songs and think that 50's as hard as it gets, he should have an opportunity to redeem himself on a major label just for his image but he's rich as hell anyway from sellin' out before so I don't really feel that bad, lol... I'd still actually rather buy his new album than buy another album from G Unit period though... Mobb Deep ain't hard anymore either dancing in a video with 50 Cent when they don't do stuff like that, they're selling out their style to get rich too.... I respect artists that stay themselves, Will might not be hard but he ain't trying to be a studio gangsta just to sell out... not all aggressive albums are great, don't bring studio gangstas into discussion...

Edited by bigted

50 Cent's "Massacre" is a sign of hypocrisy, he disses Ja Rule for singing on hooks and now he's doing basically the same thing on every track of the album, he'll do anything just to get $$$$$$

"You dissed Ja `caus him and Irv went Pop and now you`r ass is runing around singing the candy shop.."The Game

I think there is a difrence between Ja`s singing and 50`s. Caus Ja doe`s that caus he feels it. Even on his first Album Venni Vetti Vecci he was singing some parts. Thats just him. He ain`t fake caus of that. He try`s to do it LL Style. Make street **** and lady songs. Nothing`s wrong with that..

But 50 only does that for the money.

Edited by Turntable

Yeah definately, Ja Rule didn't go around dissin' other rappers for singin' hooks on their songs when he was doing it and he never really did it on entire albums either like 50 is that's what makes it even more contradictory on 50's part, Ja always spits something aggressive on all his albums too, he never went soft like 50 after being so hard before, that's like a 360 degree change in such a short period, people shouldn't change that fast. Will sings hooks on some of his songs too but he doesn't diss other rappers for that either, contradictory is doing something that you diss somebody else for doing, don't put $$$ ahead of what you believe in, that'd be like if Will makes a gangsta rap album, he might respect some gangsta rap but gangsta rap is not the style he is so he won't do it personally, that's what makes him so real, too many fakes these days, I could relate to that 'cause I like to listen to some gangsta rap myself but in no means do I rap about gangsta stuff, it ain't my life, I just get entertained by some of it, mcs should rhyme about what they know...

Irv Gotti said this about 50 in Vibe last year and it's so true: "People view him as this big tough and rough guy, but what has he really done gangsta? You got beat up and stabbed. You got shot. You are the product of what gangstas do to bitch ass n----s when they run their mouths. 50's the recipient of gangsta s---, but it's only me and my crew see this. This entire year has been backwards, it's like one plus one equals three.In another year or two, there's gonna be another snot nosed, arrogant n--- who's got some personality, that talks slick with the mike, and everyone is gonna make him number one just so they can say f--- you later, 50 Cent is gonna get a dose of f--- you, watch."

Gotti's right, the arrogant cat in the game talking slick is none other than Game who came in and is now more respected than 50, the people who bought his album respect him while the people who purchased 50's "Massacre" album want their money back and screaming "G U-Not!" along with Game, lol, I read that Game's album has a 4-star rating on amazon.com from purchasers while 50's only has a 2.5 star rating. :yeah:

:word:

"mcs should rhyme about what they know."

Thats true. It`s not right to say that for example a Ja Rule isn`t realy caus he talks about gangsta stuff. Thats waht he knows. It`s not like he idealises it.. he just talks about it.

50 doe`s whatever brings the money.

50 is really from the hood Ja jus speaksis the wackest rapper around

Congratulations, you got brainwashed. I gotta say 50 doe`s a good job on that. Hoe does he do that? Is they`r some kind of laser beam coming from his CD?

I don`t say 50 is not from the hood but what he doe`s now with his musik isn`t real. He sells out more than Ja ever will. If Ja wouldn`t be from the Hood how could they know each other before they got in the rap game hm? Maybe Ja was 50`s pimp? :lolsign:

Edited by Turntable

Aight I didn't wanna turn this into a 50 Cent hatefest but you my friend renegade tim are brainwashed like Turntable said, you're just one of those teenyboppers that like 50 Cent but when you get older you'll see how fake he is. I bet you never even listened to anything recent from Vanilla Ice either, you probably just diss him 'cause he ain't famous anymore so that's blind hate, and only know him from how the media tells you "Ice Ice Baby" is wack but they'll be saying the same thing 10 years from now about how wack "Candy Shop" is too. 50 Cent'll be like Vanilla Ice with a dead career trying to get his credability back but once you sell out it's too late to come back but Vanilla Ice is harder now than 50 Cent'll ever be and that doesn't say much but it ain't like Chuck D'll ever do a song with 50's wack ass like he did a song with Vanilla Ice, he don't like dissin' rappers but he'll diss 50 Cent in his terrordomes regulary, 50's too scared to go against the rhyme animal though, lol. btw, Vanilla Ice was wack 'cause he was drugs but 50's wack 'cause he's just straight ignorant. Game and Nas are gonna get together and end 50's career the way that LL and Wyclef got together to finish Canibus, Nas'll be sayin', "Me and Game got together to set you up" like LL said "Me and Wyclef got together to set you up" to Bis, and for the record as wack as Vanilla Ice is "Too The Extreme" has a 3 star rating while 50's "The Massacre" only has 2.5 stars so by that note, 50 made the worst rap album of all time :kekeke:

Look at the facts you could see 50's career's ending: "GRODT" sold 8 million off the hype of being shot 9 times but some of his hardcore fans from the underground days liked it even though it was mostly teeny boppers who bought it, 50 drops "The Massacre" which is disposable pop rap to say the least which sells 4 million and only teeny boppers like you enjoy it, 50's hardcore underground base has now died and his movie flopped 'cause the teenyboppers couldn't see it since they're underaged, Tony Yayo don't go gold, and his movie soundtrack won't even go platinum with all the G Unit cast on there so that tells you that his career is dying, I bet 50's next album won't go platinum 'cause the teenyboppers'll grow up!

Anyway that's it for my rant, let's get back on topic y'all... :pony:

Guest renagade_tim

ok Vanilla Ice had one good song Ice Ice Baby and I listened to some of Vanilla Ices mixtapes and was this Magizine the Source because Benzino hates 50 and Eminem

Well at least Vanilla Ice rhymes over hard beats now, 50 rhymes over crappy pop rap beats dancing with chicks that look like men, so if that's what you like...? :willvspaparazzi: :rofl:

Edited by bigted

Well at least Vanilla Ice rhymes over hard beats now, 50 rhymes over crappy pop rap beats dancing with chicks, so if that's what you like...? :willvspaparazzi: :rofl:

Yeah and some of the beats and lyrics sound too alike, sometimes I can't tell the difference between Candy Shop and Just A Lil Bit :rofl:

Don't feel offended by what I'm sayin' renegade tim, u should stick around so we could help introduce you to some good music, you need some guidance man if you think 50's as hard as it gets...