JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Possible Upcoming Movies

Trey

Will Smith's Possible Rumoured Upcoming Movies!

Affirmative Action: Ben Affleck and Will Smith will buddy up in the action-comedy Affirmative Action set in New Orleans. When a black soldier goes A.W.O.L. after committing a crime, a South Boston cop and a FBI agent who don't share the same racial views are teamed to find him. Affirmative Action was written by Jeffrey Abrams and is currently in development at Jerry Bruckheimer Films. Buena Vista will distribute the picture.

Tonight He Comes: Director Jonathan Mostow will helm the superhero drama Tonight, He Comes starring Will Smith. The story revolves around the friendship between a disturbed youth and a fallen superhero. Vincent Ngo scripted the film produced by Akiva Goldman through Weed Road Productions.

Time Share: One just wrapped his first role as a superhero, the other is used to being a box-office man of steel. Together, Nicolas Cage and Will Smith hope their vacation clash translates into laughs in "Time Share." The pair will team up for the firsttime to co-star in and produce the comedy about two fathers who battle after double-booking the same time share for their dream getaway.

The Mark: Will Smith is to star in the sci-fi action movie The Mark which has been in development for a long time, according to Variety. Smith will star as an everyman who discovers a strange mark has transferred to his body from the corpse of a Confederate soldier. Although the mark grants him special powers, he does also struggles with the impulse to use it for evil purposes. Will Smith is going to making the movie through his production company and Nickelodeon Movies, who are to develop it later into a TV series.

Untitled Will Smith Counter Project: Inspired by the true stories of Dr. J. Allen Counter's explorations who has done research on indigenous people of the rain forest in Suriname as well as on Eskimo tribes in Greenland and is the author of the books "North Pole Legacy: Black, White and Eskimo" and "I Sought My Brother: An Afro American Reunion."

Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D: Once a gung-ho sergeant during World War II, Nick Fury worked his way up the U.S. intelligence ladder on the basis of actions, brains and integrity. Kept in the peak of youthful vigor by the mysterious Infinity Formula, the studly secret agent has done it all: from wooing wicked women to skydiving while smoking a cigar. When the free world has its back to the wall, Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the man most likely to come out fighting!

The credit of finding this goes all to Big Willie.

Edited by Trey

• 3 weeks later...

"THE MARK" IS "TONIGHT, HE COMES". Overbrook Ent. had developed and modified the screenplay a bit to fit into Nick's production scheme, but then they decided to mantain the original screenplay and produce it with Sony Pictures Entertainment with the new title "Tonight, He Comes" and the director Jonathan Mostow.

Edited by fabman

• Admin

"THE MARK" IS "TONIGHT, HE COMES". Overbrook Ent. had developed and modified the screenplay a bit to fit into Nick's production scheme, but then they decided to mantain the original screenplay and produce it with Sony Pictures Entertainment with the new title "Tonight, He Comes" and the director Jonathan Mostow.

are you sure? the mark has been around since about 1997.. I don't remember it involving a mid life crisis either :hmm:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Hey!

Radewart, how do you know that those two movies are dead? I can see why "Mark" got killed due its resemblance to "Tonight.." but why "Affirmative Action"? It really could've been fun. I think Affleck can be pretty good with the right script and director ("Changing Lanes", "Good Will Hunting") and the script sounded good so I'm kinda disappointed...

Hey!

Radewart, how do you know that those two movies are dead? I can see why "Mark" got killed due its resemblance to "Tonight.." but why "Affirmative Action"? It really could've been fun. I think Affleck can be pretty good with the right script and director ("Changing Lanes", "Good Will Hunting") and the script sounded good so I'm kinda disappointed...

Well, I don't know, but it's an educated guess. Like you said "The Mark" is like "Tonight, He Comes". I don't think Will would wanna do two superhero flicks. Maybe someday we'll see "Affirmative Action", but I doubt it will happen in the next couple of years. Will's lined up "It Takes a Thief", plus new more interesting stuff will come along. Affleck is going the small budget, almost indie route to build be up his cred after his box office and critical failures.

Edited by Radewart