JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye West- "If I Don't Win Album Of The Year..."

bigted

Just when I start to defend him, he has to say and do stupid s*** like this, I feel like I do when a friend abandons me, lol. :bat: Honestly like Flava Flav said: "Who gives a f*** 'bout a goddamn Grammy", platinum plaques and awards don't make a real mc, we don't see Will complaing about not being nominated 'cause he's the real mc Kanye isn't. Public Enemy has toured over 50 times in 20 years but they have no Grammy, I don't see Chuck D complaining about it. Kanye says that artists shouldn't give each other props so hopefully nobody gives him props, let's see how Kanye'd do if he had nobody guest appearing on his next album, if I was a popular mc in the rap industry and Kanye asked me to do a record with him I'd say "f*** you" after hearing something like this. He didn't criticise Bush for the reason of caring about the people, he did it to boost his career and call it racism if he loses, lol. He calls himself the greatest last week at the Billboard with LL there hosting, hopefully LL has something to say about that when he releases his next album, the young punk needs to get schooled...

:word: Nicely said Ted. Kanye has a huge ego problem.... :stars:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when I start to defend him, he has to say and do stupid s*** like this, I feel like I do when a friend abandons me, lol. :bat: Honestly like Flava Flav said: "Who gives a f*** 'bout a goddamn Grammy", platinum plaques and awards don't make a real mc, we don't see Will complaing about not being nominated 'cause he's the real mc Kanye isn't. Public Enemy has toured over 50 times in 20 years but they have no Grammy, I don't see Chuck D complaining about it. Kanye says that artists shouldn't give each other props so hopefully nobody gives him props, let's see how Kanye'd do if he had nobody guest appearing on his next album, if I was a popular mc in the rap industry and Kanye asked me to do a record with him I'd say "f*** you" after hearing something like this. He didn't criticise Bush for the reason of caring about the people, he did it to boost his career and call it racism if he loses, lol. He calls himself the greatest last week at the Billboard with LL there hosting, hopefully LL has something to say about that when he releases his next album, the young punk needs to get schooled...

But Ted, what happened to Kanye being a leader in the community... Lol, I'm just playing with you. Good post.

What do the Grammys really mean? I'd rather have people respect me as an artist then care what some old relics think...

yeah you have to put it in perspecitve, some of the legendary rappers havent won grammys. proving that grammys arent not a big deal, and can still become noticed in the rap game without one.

but supporting kanyes argument, his songs have deeper meanings to them, such as roses, hey mama, dimonds from sierra leone, heard em say, hell even gold digger. so i can see that he might classify himself for grammy status. and if he worked so hard on making this album worth while with meaning i can see where hes upset.

Edited by WILL IS ILL

MpenA...Tim got that quote from Skee-Lo's song "Top of The Stairs." Skee-Lo is easily one of the best emcees ever.

Kanye West makes some okay music. Alot of his beats are dope, his lyrics are very basic with the occasional good one. Over all his music is average. But he sure is annoying. Something is seriously wrong with him. After reading that stuff, i wanna punch him in the face. If i waz a real fan of his, i'd disown him. He needs 2 grow up.

My take on it is: Who gives a ****?

Like seriously, if he is dissapointed of not winning an award, let him be.

If he has ego problems, than let him.

BUT

DO NOT

FORGET:

He DOES good music. He IS a talented musician. And in the end... all that matters is the music.

If u can't listen to his music cause his statements, than U have problem, not him.

And I've said this before and I'll say it again: U guys have ZERO source-critisism.

I don't doubt that he said, but U don't know if how much he meant it. And if he joked about it or not. I saw the barbra walters interview, and I was stunned by the haters reaction of it. EVERYBODY takes out everything "bad" he says. He said alot of really good things in that interview, but what gets attention is the controversial things that people label as ego-problems.

U don't think 50 cent has egoproblems? Jeezy? Bow Wow? WILL?

Where's the difference between one of Wills award speeches being: "I KNEW I WAS GONNA WIN THIS" and Kanye saying he deserves to win? Having a big ego and confidence if a part of Hiphop.

BigTed: Come on... u should know... I mean doesn't KRS have the biggest ego of all time?

Search in the forums for my interview/talk with Quincy Jones III and u'll se what is said about him.

But i don't hate KRS for that, I don't make remarks about it. I just listen to the music.

The day his music gets worse or inflected by his ego, than it'll be a problem. But until then. Who gives a frruuuck?

Now just let look beyond the fact that he has said it. Look at the nominees of Best Album:

Mariah Carey - The Emancipation of Mimi

Paul McCartney - Chaos And Creation In The Backyard

Gwen Stefani - Love. Angel. Music. Baby.

U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Kanye West - Late Registration

The only album being in the same class as Late Reg there in terms of being new, revolutionary, provocative, important, having a message, Is U2.

And Kanye won't be upset if he looses against U2. If he does get real upset I will be disappointed. but I don't think he will. He has alot of times said he loves U2.

And let's look past the Nominees, which albums was as good as Late Reg? The only ones competeing with it would be BE, Get Lifted and Lost and Found. of course there's been alot of good udnergroudn releases to, but they don't get nominated for these kind of things.

That's the point, I don't like his music so it's hard to accept his ego, he ain't the greatest so for him to say he's the greatest is just ridiculous to my opinion at least, but if Will said he's the greatest on TV, I'd agree with him 'cause I like his music, people don't like him say that's ridiculous too, so I think I have the right to my opinion as much as they do when they diss Will, maybe if Kanye put out something that I'd like maybe I'd agree with him, as long as other artists are ok with that I guess it's ok overall...

I think that Kanye's in debt 'cause he pays too many artists to be on the record with him, I'm thinkin' that he's doing it as hype to get those artists' fans to buy the album but maybe he does want to help his friends gets some shine, hopefully he don't end up like Hammer though...

Edited by bigted

Nah...he's in dept cause he pays to clear the samples... there's some expensive samples on late reg. + he had alot of people working with ut, full orchestras and so on.

AND the fool is making a video for each song on the album =).

The game's guest appearnce costed 1$.

I can't imagine jigga taking money for it. Nas is the only left that would take huge amounts of money (maybe camron also)

• Members

ey get stuff str8 knaye said dat becuase of hurricane katrina and dat was a gigantic tragedy and racism played abig roll in dat one i dont want to g et into dat but i truley believe he didnt say dat to boost his album sells and plus his album came out in october and i think katrina was in november

Well Kanye ain't the only one that has to pay for samples, Will went to court over paying samples too but we didn't hear a word out of him for that, he just put out the money for it that's all, Kanye should hire an accountant...

The best good thing Kanye said this year was that peopel should stop hating on gays...

if I 2005 say to a rapper that I had sex with my dead son, and got caught for incest, pedophily and necrophily, he would say "****in fag"... My point is... Kanye sometimes talks about important things and thats good... and can make up for the comments that seems a little lost.

Kanye uses catchy "Big Willie Style" type beats, that's why he's so popular, it's kinda ironic though that critics praise Kanye for it but call it "lightweight" when Will used those type of beats...

Edited by bigted

wow...sounds like a real a**hole lol

he's losing so many cool points with me this year, b/c of that attitude but i gotta say, I do have love for some of his music, the deeper/more meaningful songs like "Jesus Walks" "All Falls Down" "Never Let Me Down" "Hey mama"type songs....but the ego...seriously c'mon you haven't been @ it that long...i'll lmao if he loses to "mimi" LOL