JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BEST FLOW

MpenA

Common's Cd is overrated. I mean that is so ****ing short and every song is almost the same. There is a european Group called Pete Philley & MC Perquisite. Theyr CD came out half a year beofre Commons. And that Common CD is like almost a Copy of theyr`s. But they have more Songs. Thats whats up.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say Common's CD's overrated but I think there's some boring tracks on there, it's good to see that he's getting some dues he didn't receive on his underrated albums, I like it better when he's spittin' more aggressive like he did on his earlier albums...

Well Kool Moe Dee put Lil' Kim on his top 50 mcs list, so I guess she ain't so bad, not my cup of tea though...

maybe im wrong but i think commons album Be put his name out. so in that sense i dont think its overrated. cause frankly i didnt know who he was until i heard the album be. then i went back and realized what an ill mc he is..

he was known to the rap game before be, but i think he wasnt really known well to the rest of the people....but hey i could be wrong

Yeah "Be"'s sorta like Nas' "It Was Written" where it wasn't his best album but it put him out in the public eye...

Impact doesn`t have anything to do with quality.

I actually even like "Electric Circus" better than "BE" now even though it flopped, that album has grown on me, Common really spit aggressive on those tracks, it might be one of the most creative CDs of all time, it's nothing like I ever heard, that's why people don't buy it 'cause it didn't sound like anything out at that time, people're buying him now 'cause he sounds like Kanye West, I like it better when Common does different things that nobody else has done...

Edited by bigted