JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fresh Prince can't be happy

Frenetic

Okay, let's face it, dude got a nice life. Unlimited amount of money, nice wife, good children. The American Dream.

BUT... as we know, Will's most sincere passion if Music. The meaning of this post is to shed some light on the promotion of L&F.

Not the fact that is was poorly promoted (we already know that) but the fact that almost before releasing Switch, Will started talking about Tell Me Why as his best song and that he really wanted people to hear it.

As it seems now.. it isn't getting released. Is Will happy with his position at interscope? How many albums are in his contract with Interscope? Will he release the song without interscopes help (like with So Fresh)?

Cause to me... even though he says he doesn't care about sales... he did care about the song,

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine him being happy if Interscope chooses not to release "Tell Me Why", he's probably also frustrated that rappers who released 2 or 3 albums get more credit than he has gotten on his 9 albums, that means more to him than money and fame, that goes back to when Will wasa on "Rap City" 5 years ago and people questioned why'd he be so upset about not getting more respect when he's sold millions of albums and has lots of awards or now when people ask why does he keep releasing albums instead of just trying to keep on being the boxoffice king in Hollywood, but I think he'd be happier if his albums sold less and got more critical acclaim than what they've gotten 'cause he put a lot of work into his craft over the years. He talked about that too when he did "Ali", he didn't care if it did high boxoffice numbers as long as it got critical acclaim 'cause he put a lot of work into that even a lot of his own money was thrown into make that production for that film, I could feel his pain, it's real man...

Come on now if he turns down $20 million to shoot a film to shoot an album making less than a $1 million most likely since most only make a few cents each sold(30-60 cents X 650,000) from releasing "Lost and Found", he obviously loves hip-hop, mostly anybody would've chose the movie and said f*** making another album, Will obviously loves hip-hop but hip-hop don't seem to love him though, he could've easily stopped rapping after "Code Red" if he was just in it for the money, all the hate he's received he might as well just go after the money, lol, damn!

Edited by bigted

Lost and Found was not as much of flop as every1 makes out. Wasnt he one of the top selling rap artists of the year. I think Will will be happy that he made a great album that the fans all love. With the little respect he gets anyway, we couldnt have really expected a mutli-platinum album, Will has been in the music business a lot time, im sure he knew what sales would be like and that he wouldnt make any money from it, which doesnt matter anyway coz he did it for the love of the game.

I do think thought, he would be dissapointed if "tell me why" wasnt released. If he thinks its one of his best the song obviously means a lot to him and so im sure he would want it to be unleased on the world.

Im definatly not giving up on "tell me why" yet, Will has 7 months off and im hanging on to that fact for dear life hoping this has to mean the release of "tell me why" lol.

Well Will's probably happy in the sense that "Lost and Found" got nice reviews, he's probably dissapointed that it didn't get nominated for a grammy, maybe he should take the Kanye approach and raise hell that they nominated 50 Cent instead of him, Interscope might drop him anyway so he might as well speak up and go out fighting! :pony: Seriously though if Interscope drops Will we might not get another album for another 3 or 4 years 'cause it took almost 2 years for Will to get Interscope to sign him after Columbia dropped him, he might have to start dropping albums on Koch but as long as he don't retire I don't care where he drops his album, as long as he don't sell his soul to G Unit...

Edited by bigted

Will just goes from one thing to another. Those months that he spent promoting himself, imagine if he didn't do any of it. Everybody knows he said he loves hip hop, and making music. What's the deal? He's a success as far as I'm concerned. Seriously look at who you say is Hip Hop. 50 Cent says "Will Smith is a blockbuster fella, stay off the music. You got a good thing going". Bow Wow says "I'm a youngin' still, cute and all, and I'm better than Will Smith." Eminem and Will exchanged some questionable words. I really think everybody is making this out bigger than what it actually is. Will really kept his game up. It's 2005, come on y'all. I'm not saying, "what can we do? accept it." Nah, I'm saying look at how more than most seem to be looking at Hip Hop/Rap. Look at Will as a at one time NBA Star. He can play at the professional level, maybe not as good as he liked to, but he can still do it. He just may not measure up like everybody else. He can't help but grab a ball (a mic in this case), and step out on a court. (in the studio/on stage).

Okay, let's face it, dude got a nice life. Unlimited amount of money, nice wife, good children. The American Dream.

BUT... as we know, Will's most sincere passion if Music. The meaning of this post is to shed some light on the promotion of L&F.

Not the fact that is was poorly promoted (we already know that) but the fact that almost before releasing Switch, Will started talking about Tell Me Why as his best song and that he really wanted people to hear it.

As it seems now.. it isn't getting released. Is Will happy with his position at interscope? How many albums are in his contract with Interscope? Will he release the song without interscopes help (like with So Fresh)?

Cause to me... even though he says he doesn't care about sales... he did care about the song,

I donno abt him bing all that unhappy. L&F may have been poorly promoted, but under the circumstances, I don't think it did all that bad considering... Im most positive he did and still DO care abt the song, since he felt so strongly abt it... It may seem unlikely to some of us that it may not be getting released, but who knows...

just like i was thinking he would never come to Atlanta then...BAM... lol. that had no co~relation,..but i was tryna make a point of that 'suprise element"... lmbo. ok, i think i've said enough. :2thumbs:

peace,

cookie

Well you could say that Will's like Rickey Henderson where he coulda retired 10 years ago and still be known as a hall of famer but he's still doing it for the love of the game even though people want him to retire...

The thing is if Will and Em went on an all out battle, that'd really boosted "Lost and Found" sales, he might be at triple platinum right now, like somebody said on here most of those who bought "Lost and Found" when it came out was from the "Mr. Nice Guy" hype, if Will released that as a single when the album dropped it'd hit platinum the 1st month, battling really helps careers out, look at how much it kept LL and Nas relevant over the years, Will could've ended Em's career 'cause "Lost and Found" is more aggressive than anything Em's done in 5 years...

Edited by bigted

I think FP sometimes is a hypocrite. I'm sorry to say this but it pisses me off how he says he loves music yet 3 years from Willenium to Born to Reign then another 3 to Lost & Found. Start releasing albums every 1-2 years. Stop it with this "make 4 movies than im back in the world of music" for a few months crap. Just bang out albums. Look at LL, on his 12th album!

I wish I saw that Rap City episode in 2000. If Will can take on anyone, somehow prove it again. Dont give me this "Will is above that" - who cares! Let him knock some people off in a freestyle battle. He said he can take on anyone, I wanna see him do it in the present day. And you know what? He can.