JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will gettin bored?

YOU

well guys i have seen the atlanta video,and it make me think that will rock the house ever in the same way,with the same shouts,words etc...with wanna rock for example,it's always the same scheme!!!!"now i'm the prince.......hit it!and then "the ladies say uhhhh","the fellas say yeah"."more louder"!!!etc,this make me think that will have every word prepared,i don't know,others rappers came in ,and freestyle!this make me think that will have no creativity to rock the house,or he can't freestyle,why we never have heard a real freestyle from him!!!you heard snoop at westwood and you say wwwwooooowwww!!!you heard common,kanye,eminem...but will????i'm a fan of will,but i don't know guys,this is not a diss,but i'm a little confused,but i'm base myself on facts.what do you think????

Will aint a freestyler and I dont complain about that since freestyling is HEAVILY overrated. However it is true that he uses the same ways to rock the crowd pretty often but who doesnt. Will is better and more innovating than anyone else when it comes to entering the stage... btw the so caleld Eminem, Common and Kanye freestyles... well it aint really freestyles, they know that they are going to freestyle so they make up somethin way before they actually begin. Its untrue to say that he always performs with the same scheme... he often starts with I Wanna Rock but not always and never the same version of the song... sometimes Jeff doesnt even use the I Wanna Rock-sample, like in that Nokia consert. And the thing he's done last year with Summertime is just great, with the Kool & The Gang start...

He should choose between a little larger amount of tracks tho, right now he chose btw Switch, Summertime, Brand New Funk (long time no see tho), Girls, I Wanna Rock, Men In Black, Gettin Jiggy Wit It, FPoBA theme and random parts out of new tracks, like I Wish I Made That and Chosen One...

I have to admit that I have seen alot of trends Will usues when he is rocking a show. Almost to the point where i can basically rap along to the parts that don't feature on the cd! I do agree a little variety would be nice here and there. Especially with the choice of songs he does!

I also noticed that usually when he perfoms Switch, he says "I can't hear y'all, I can't hear y'all, HEEEY!!" and then he says "A little bit louder, little bit louder, HEEEY!!" But I like how he does that because he has a lot of energy and he never fails to get the crowd hyped. :word:

I dont care what anyone says about how or what songs Will performs, cuz I've never seen him perform live, and I think he did a fantastic job with hypin the crowd. I mean. the ENTIRE arena was rockin, and it probably was his first tyme ever coming to Atlanta for his 'southern' ~country fans. LOL.

Not tryna sound negative against anyone's ideas or thoughts,...but some people are way too critical of small things, and I definately wouldn't say Will is getting bored, because his performance was the absolute best of all the others that performed that night.

The entertainment setup was definately 'cost'ly... I think he brought the crowd just what they wanted, which was some of his best, and to be honest... when you have fans that have been waiting for ages to see him live, critiques like this dont matter much... cuz I saw Will & Jeff doing their thang... 4 the first tyme ever in my life, and as long as I've been a fan... I enjoyed every moment of it with my toasted self! LOL

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

So what LL takes his shirt off everytime he performs, lol, I think a lot of people do the same routine all the time at their shows, I think Will should do more freestyles though definately, he needs to take time off from filming and release some mixtapes but let's be real not many 37 year old rappers even make albums anymore, Will could still write great songs like he could 20 years ago so I don't see why he can't still drop some great freestyles like he did then, he just needs to put more time into that, that's all...

Edited by bigted

Will aint a freestyler and I dont complain about that since freestyling is HEAVILY overrated. However it is true that he uses the same ways to rock the crowd pretty often but who doesnt. Will is better and more innovating than anyone else when it comes to entering the stage... btw the so caleld Eminem, Common and Kanye freestyles... well it aint really freestyles, they know that they are going to freestyle so they make up somethin way before they actually begin. Its untrue to say that he always performs with the same scheme... he often starts with I Wanna Rock but not always and never the same version of the song... sometimes Jeff doesnt even use the I Wanna Rock-sample, like in that Nokia consert. And the thing he's done last year with Summertime is just great, with the Kool & The Gang start...

He should choose between a little larger amount of tracks tho, right now he chose btw Switch, Summertime, Brand New Funk (long time no see tho), Girls, I Wanna Rock, Men In Black, Gettin Jiggy Wit It, FPoBA theme and random parts out of new tracks, like I Wish I Made That and Chosen One...

Nicely said! ;) :2thumbs:

You don't hear about people booing JJFP off the stage the way they boo wack performers like Eminem and 50 Cent...