JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

(Slide)

Daveydave

I like the song and I think it makes a better single than Party Starter because it has a comedic message. Non hard-core Will fans hear him and think humor only. I thought maybe they had given up on PS and moved on because the song was playing again this morning on that station. Could be just because the show was so recent. Someone does need to tell Will though that most people who buy rap won't know what he's referencing in this song and that the Spanish word he is using is pronounced Trann-key-low.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that Will does the ol' school UTFO verse in the song, all these rappers usually just give props to Pac and Biggie but Will shows that there was hip-hop before them.

Will seems to have 'come to high' again with that UTFO verse. I hated the rhyme of Willy and Billy, just sounds like he can't be bothered to rhyme it with anything better, of course that was until I found out it was a reference to some other track. Kids might think it's wack, I know I did...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey guys did you know that Party Starter and Switch are on the top 40 countdown on Q100.5

in Atlanta. That's the same station that's playing Slide right? If it is, then maybe the people from

Atlanta can call the station and request PS or Slide. And the rest of us can request them through

their website. What do you think? We could actually turn things around now that Will is back

on stage performing.

The website is www.allthehitsq100.com

I think it'd been a bigger hit than "Party Starter" if that came out as a single...

SOOOOOOO NOTTTTTTTTTTTT

PS is THE HITTT...

it can rock the clubs more then slide...

How come nobody played it then? :willvspaparazzi:

I think it'd been a bigger hit than "Party Starter" if that came out as a single...

SOOOOOOO NOTTTTTTTTTTTT

PS is THE HITTT...

it can rock the clubs more then slide...

How come nobody played it then? :willvspaparazzi:

Cause there were no promotion for it.. no tv shows.. no performances... no nothing.

I don't think you need to necessarily perform for them to play your video do you?

I don't think you need to necessarily perform for them to play your video do you?

Well it depends on who u are.. I mean.. it's hard for them to boycott 50 cent or madonna, cause people really want to hear it. Just like Will during the BWS and Willenium era.

But alot of artist gotta do alot of radio and tv shows to be played in radio shows controlled by the bigger corporations.

"If U Can't Dance (Slide)" is one of the best songs on the album. It's got so much potential on so many levels I'd love 2 see it as a video/single. That dosen't mean i don't wanna see "Tell Me Why" tho.'