JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Which actress would you pick for tonight, he comes ?

Typhoon20

I don't think you're going to see an interracial romance. I know a lot of us may be colorblind when it comes to this forum but the fact is that this country(the U.S.) still is not ready for an interracial romance in a movie - especially if it's a black man/white woman.

* Will once said in an interview about Hitch that when he was considering his co-star that he couldn't choose someone who was white because America wasn't ready for it.

* Denzel Washington caught a lot of flack for a love scene he did with Milla Jovovich(sp) in He Got Game.

* Denzel also caused controversey when he wouldn't do a kissing scene with Julia Roberts in The Pelican Brief. The movie was based off the book and in the book Denzel & Julia's character become intimate. Julia wanted to do the scene but Denzel refused because he felt it would cause a major ruckus.

The fact remains that in 2005 America still has problems with interracial romances. You may have seen white men with different races of women do well but rarely has a movie done well with a black man/white woman romance(and before anyone says what about Hitch, Eva Mendes is Latino). It is a shame that in 2005 we as a country still are divided by racial lines but it is the truth.

Having said all of that - I'd love to see Gabrielle Union co-star with Will.

All you said is true..So that's why I would like to see it. If there was a interracial romance in this movie and it's a big hit, then maybe Hollywood would change its thinking.

No interracial romance then I'd like to see Regina Hall. She and Will were husband and wife in "Enemy of the State" but her role was pretty small. She's a good actress.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mean Regina King lol, but yeah they'd be cool she's a fave of mine

* I also disagree with Jada b/c she said she'd love to do a film with Will but not as romantic interests, I think the couple being a couple gets old after awhile, besides they did that in Ali, also you can't just stick Halle in any old role, it would probably have to be a pretty big one for her to do it.....although I think she's a great actress, since winning her Oscar people love to dwell on her movies that haven't done so well but if you look @ films like Losing Isaish,The Rich Man's Wife, Introducing Dorothy Dandridge, The Wedding, Their Eyes Were Watching God (the last three were made for television movies) I'd say she's proven herself really well as an actress

or maybe someone like Nia Long, Sanaa Lathan, or Nona Gaye, they're all great

Edited by willjadafan

I think Will was right that he said worldwide no one would care about an interracial romance.. only in America.. I don't think it should be done just to have an interracial romance in a movie.. but if the best actress is white.. hire her!!

the problem is that here there are very conservative times right now. I've personally become more liberal ALOT more liberal, and many people in NYC have been.

But anyway I think that it would be cool to have the interracial couple, usher just did it in "in the mix" so I think that it would be cool to have will be in a movie with a white woman. I'd say probally Witherspoon, or maybe uma thurman (but I think the whole kill bill thing may stop her from being a believable housewife............well unless she chops off will's head :lolsign: )

but I'd rather see will and jada in a movie like mr. and mrs. smith (an action flick) as opposed to a romantic flick.

Personally, I think Halle Berry or Jada wud make a good actress for this movie. (even if some people don't agree with me) :wiggle:

Yeah I think those would work well, I also think Angelina Jolie would work well too.

I was also thinking about Queen Latifah. I know that's different from what everyone else here was saying, but I think she and Will would have good chemistry on the big screen, what do you guys think?

I used to think Jennifer Lopez, but she may irrestistibly fall in love with him. lmbo...

sooo, Halle Berry, cuz they're good friends, and I think would have fantastic onscreen chemistry. I love Will and Vivica Fox together in my fav WS movie too, so my pics would be:

#1. ~ Halle Berry

#2. ~ Vivica Fox

#3. ~ JILL SCOTT....this would be a great Blockbuster acting debut for miss Jill... :2thumbs:

peace,

cookie

I would like 2 see Will and Jada do another film but since he has his son in "Pursuit of Happiness" not probably wont have Jada in this film. But ahh well I think these ladies would do nicely in the role:

1. Angelina Jolie

2. Regina King

3. Roselyn Sanchez (Rush Hour 2)

I would like 2 see Will and Jada do another film but since he has his son in "Pursuit of Happiness" not probably wont have Jada in this film. But ahh well I think these ladies would do nicely in the role:

1. Angelina Jolie

2. Regina King

3. Roselyn Sanchez (Rush Hour 2)

Yeah, that would be cool to see will and jada on the big screen together. That would be tight!!

Edited by bart5

I'm just anxious to see who they do pick,if the relationship is the central focus of the movie i very seriously doubt they'd pick a white woman just b/c of the whole interracial thing, or a black woman, b/c of stupid ass stereotypes that a film with two black actors headlining would be considered "too urban, and won't make money"....c'mon this is Will Smith we're talking about, and unless this is another "Wild Wild West" people are gonna go see his movies, he just has that box office pull...so i see them going the "safe" route and going "well we can't cast a white woman, or a black woman, so we'll get one of the best hispanic actresses out there"...but honestly I'm getting sick of latino women being cast opposite black men,for these "blockbuster" films it's getting old really fast and becoming a huge topic of disscussion when there are afr. american actresses out there, that are just as good or better...but of course people have these preconceived notions about box office pull, and interracial, black man/ white woman is almost forbidden...maybe i sound mean or something i don't know but i think Will's at a point in his career where he can make a successful film with two afr. american actors, but then again, he wanted that for Hitch....so you never know :hmm: I could be totally wrong I just hope they pick a good actress for the job regarless of her race, because you can't just give any role to anybody

i hope to hear more about the movie too, b/c so far it sounds kinda vague, and I sincerely hope they change that title