JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

the last of chappelle show to be aired

sonic1988

thing bout chappelle.. a large portion of his sketches fall flat on their collective faces.. the good ones get sent all round the net .. on the strength of the good ones id seen online i bought season 1 .. i found that pretty much every other sketch besides the ones id already downloaded were very poor.. his standup is good and when he has the right dudes with him in a sketch he pulls it off nicely... still gonna watch s3

• Admin

I haven't lost any respect for him.. the pressure got to him..and I don't think he really enjoyed all his success.. when he was trying to do his stand up people would be yelling im rick james bitch to him on stage.. I think it was all just too much for him..

I personally think it was because people were taking his jokes the wrong way. he wanted people to laugh at the ignorance of sterotypes, but instead they were laughing at the fact that the jokes were sterotypical. (he addresses it in one episode in season 2, when he talks about how ehite people come up to him and say "man that sketch you did about them ni^^ers was hilarious.")