JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Which Producers Should Will Work With?

Turntable

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I dig the Neptunes production style and I think that Will'd be able to vibe well with a track from them but certain commercial producers like Eminem wouldn't sound good for Will since they're beats sound recycled, it doesn't matter who produces the tracks as long as it sounds dope, I wouldn't mind if Will worked with some up and coming dope producer too...

• Admin

I wouldn't mind if Will worked with some up and coming dope producer too...

Will's done that on born to reign and lost and found..and i dont think its helped him.. I think Will should be only working with the best :word:

Didn't Trackmasters produce most of "Born To Reign"?

Trackmasters did a lot of his older stuff...

I want a different producer on each track, though. A lot can be said for ana lbum, when each song has it;s own distinct production, still forming to the rhymes.

The Game's Documentary, or Jay Zs black album are recent album that illustrates that in a sense. Star-studded cast of producers. all sound different, have their own styles, and at the same time, work for the MC...

Well even though Trackmasters only produced a couple tracks off of "Born To Reign" it sounds like the producers were all inspired from the Trackmasters/Puffy style since all the beats sounded similar and made the album sound boring, they're good for Puffy's style, not Will's though, he needs hardcore hip-hop tracks to spit over, not that sampled r&b stuff on every track. I mean if Will could get somebody that produces raw hip-hop beats that's up and coming who was inspired from DJ Premiere I don't mind if he chooses them. I think a lot of the beats on "Lost and Found" are very versatile like "Code Red", only a couple beats like "Wave 'Em Off" and "Could U Love Me" sound boring but even big names make weak beats too and weak producers occasionally make dope beats. It's like if Casual had Dr. Dre produce him, he'd get airplay, but people sleep on him since he doesn't even though he got great production on his album. I think "Here He Comes" is probably one of the worst beats Jazzy Jeff ever did 'cause it sounded average, real talk. It's just there wasn't big names on it, even if Kanye produced a weak track for Will critics would praise it 'cause it's Kanye, before we knew the production credits we figured that Jazzy Jeff did a lot of the production on the album, I think a lot of people would believe you if you told them that Kanye produced "Tell Me Why", Pharrell produced "I Wish I Made That", and Timbaland produced "Pump Ya Brakes" . Will should do more work with the ol' school legends but I wouldn't mind if he mixed it up a lil' bit, put some raw underground producers, hall of fame producers, and a couple big name producers on it. btw, I think Will should get Stevie Wonder to produce a track for him instead of sampling him, that'd be special! :yeah:

Edited by bigted