JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will's Best Collab to Raise Popularity

dkny2kx

Slick Rick and Biz Markie ain't popular anymore, Mary J. Blidge always gets a lot of airplay so I think if "Tell Me Why" doesn't get on black radio nothin' will

Will doesnt need guest spots - aka "Switch"...but if they release "Pump Ya Brakes" or "Tell Me Why" then maybe. But honestly, i think the run for L+F was over in September. Its just pathetic. This album shoulda been Platinum and they shoulda been SMART when released singles. "Party Starter" shoulda been a hit and played by black radio.

I agree that the collabs with MJ Blige and Snoop were also the best, but they didn't really raise popularity either because they aren't even singles yet. The one I mentioned before was actually a single, but it probably didn't raise much popularity since it flopped. But I agree, "Tell Me Why" and "Pump Ya Brakes" were definitely one of the best collabs.

If the Jiggy remix with Cam'ron and Pun had been released, I think it would have done really well, it is a shame that it never happened.

I think that "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" Remix would've been more beneficial for Big Pun and Cam'ron, Will was the most popular rapper then from the original...

Tell Me Why would get airplay..

And would Pump Ya Brakes raise his popularity? For Shizzle :lolsign:

That Jiggy Remix with Pun and Cam`ron would have made some if they would have make a Single of it. Than that Song with Left Eye.

We always say or think that one track of Will will get airplay, will be loved, will get very popular etc. but then we get shocked! We get surprised and suddenly it doesn't get popular, it doesn't be loved, it doesn't get airplay etc.! I don't know much more about this to say...! :shrug:

Edited by E - Style-Greesy - E

You know, I'd much rather Will do his thing solo or with Jeff and attain whatever notoriety he gets that way than to collab with other artists for the sake of popularity. I honestly don't think he wants that sort of popularity. If the collab adds to the track, that's wonderful, but collabs for the sake of popularity is not a good look.