JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Is The Smoothnes Of Big Willy Style What Makes It Perfect?

Turntable

It`s like...I listened to it the whole day caus i got my self a new copie since my first one isn`t realy working anymore .

Anyway...Wow. This Album gotta be Wills best Album. This is one of the most perfect Albums in Hip Hop History. Caus there is nothing wrong. The beats are allways smooth and good. There is no shaby produced stuff in it. The Rhymes are straight to the point and never realy loose they`r rhyming. They`r not to complicated..Just straight to the point. Than the Albums has some deep Songs like "Just The 2 Of Us" and some feel good Songs like "Candy". All that is what makes this Allbum so freaking "Smooth".

I say there is no such a simple and still all around perfect Album like this in Hip Hop. The only one that comes close would be LL`s "Mr.Smith" i think. All the other legendary Hip Hop Albums can`t touch it. They may have a higher level with they`r lyrics and beats sometimes and they may have some better songs. But they allways have some bad stuff on it. Something that not on the same level as the rest. Also Willenium and Lost And Found are like that caus they also have some missers,I think. Big Willy Style maybe not briliantt..But it`s on a high level all the time ALL THE TIME. No missers..Perfect.

I think Will isn`t the best MC ever. But he has the God damn best Album ever. Big Willy Style is al in it..

---------------

If I`m a lil overreacting..Sorry :lolsign:

I wanna hear you`r thoughts!!!

Edited by Turntable

I think "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" is the greatest by far that makes Will a legend alone but "Lost and Found" is probably the most personal album he's done, "Willenium" got a great ol' school/new school blend to it, "Code Red" got a timeless feel to it, and "Big Willie Style" is probably the most feel good album ever, it's hard to favor one over the other even though I don't think he'll top "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper", Will's definately one of the more versatile mcs of all-time that has standed the test of time with people still being interested in him 2 decades in the game, not many could say that, he always does something different with each album, it's hard to deny him being a legend.

It's hard to say which album is the best, because they are all different. He's the DJ is pure JJFP, with FP's smooth rhymes and Jazzy Jeff's scratching. And In This Corner is a hilarious album with lots of funny and great songs, and the music has a bit of a different feel to it. Then Homebase and Code Red are the ones that are most like Big Willie Style, they have smooth and laid back songs, along with some energetic ones too. And then Big Willie Style is just and you described, it has a smooth feel to it. And then if you look at Willennium, it's a bit more hardcore, more energetic songs which are also great, and Born To Reign is a bit laid back too. And as it was mentioned earlier, Lost & Found is a lot more personal than all the other albums, and it's a bit more hardcore than the others. So I like all the albums because there's a lot of variety in the different kinds of music. Will is one of the few rappers who can rap about many different topics and have a different feel to the music and still have it be a great song. Most rappers can't do that, do you think 50 Cent could make a serious love song? I don't think so... :lolsign:

So all the albums are different, and I love them all. All the albums have something that make it just great, like you said Big Willie Style has it's smoothness. So there's my opinion on this topic. :word:

Everybody's got their own likings to their favourite WS album, but BWS is my absolute favourite WS album ever. Its a smooth album ALL the way through. Everytyme I listen to the album (gotta get me another one btw), it always make me feel good, like everyday is a Saturday. This is what I like about most music I listen to, and BWS fits right in that category... ON da top! :2thumbs:

Will's rap style, the melodies, artists he worked with, everything just blended really really well, with a real chill mode behind it. If you listen closely to his lyrics, and delivery of his flow... they all have their own 'identity'...as well. -> meaning... they dont even sound the tiniest bit remotely similar to any other traks.

Big Willie Style is THE flavour that I like most with the album varieties that I've seen Will bring to his fans... and really would like to see more WS albums like this, maybe mixed with a lil Willenium and JJFP stuff... too many JJFP stuff to name. lol I know different fans want different flavours tho...

Wellenium would have to be next tho...

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

I'ma have to agree with this. "Big Willie Style" is probably one of my favorite albums of all time. I dont care how much FP brags about himself, his rhyming is genius on here. He drops so many lines and once you hear them its like "damnn!!". "Code Red" will forever be my favorite album but BWS is so close. Id say "Willenium" would be up there but tracks like "La Fiesta" - latin sounding track (which has great rhymes but i hate the latin flavor) and how they did the sampling for "Freakin It" (another song with great lines) just throws it off.

Try blasting the track "Big Willie Style" in your car, ahhh man i love it.

Edited by DevilsJim89

"Big Willie Style" was the album that got me into JJFP when I was 12 years old, that'll always have a special place in my heart! :2thumbs:

I think "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" is the greatest by far that makes Will a legend alone but "Lost and Found" is probably the most personal album he's done, "Willenium" got a great ol' school/new school blend to it, "Code Red" got a timeless feel to it, and "Big Willie Style" is probably the most feel good album ever, it's hard to favor one over the other even though I don't think he'll top "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper", Will's definately one of the more versatile mcs of all-time that has standed the test of time with people still being interested in him 2 decades in the game, not many could say that, he always does something different with each album, it's hard to deny him being a legend.

I agree. I think Hes the DJ, I'm the rapper is the best album. Everything on that album is great, not even one bad song. You have Jazz ripping the wheels of steel, ready rock c busting the beats, and FP flowing smooth and awesome ryhmes. IMO that is the best Will Smith album. Big Willie Style is a pretty nice album though, just not one of my personal favorites.

I have to say that my fav. big will album is probally BWS but my fav. JJFP album would have to be code red. I do like he's the DJ, but I like the fact that code red is a good album to have in the car. My friend always says to me "Yo Al, when I get a car we gotta blast I'm looking for the one to be with me!"

yup i agree it is def smooth, almost too smooth, kinda annoyingly so (jk)..If i were Willy i'd have take out MIB, maybe miami, those kind of tracks, etc, etc, and then added some thoughtful tracks like those of Lost and found addressing a range of topics, and then it would be THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME, but whatever it's a great album

but as far as pure smoothness goes Born to Reign is the greatest

Edited by rawad_m