JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Spurs' Tony Parker To Release French Rap Album

bigted

http://allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5010

Spurs Tony Parker Records With Fabolous, French Album On The Way

By Nolan Strong

Date: 11/1/2005 9:35 am

San Antonio Spurs basketball star Tony Parker is following in the footsteps of such athletes as Shaquille O’Neal, Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest and others and is working on a Hip-Hop album.

The untitled album will feature Parker rapping in his native language of French.

Production is being handled by Polygrafic of Texas' Sound Scientists, a collective of producers and audio engineers.

Parker, 25, recently recorded a song with Brooklyn, New York rapper Fabolous called “Top of the Game,” which also features popular French rapper Booba.

A video for “Top of the Game” was shot recently and features Spurs teammates Robert Horry, Tim Duncan, Nazr Mohammed and Brent Barry.

Parker, who was born in Belgium and raised in France, is a French citizen.

He entered the NBA in 2001 and became the second French player to play in the NBA, behind Tariq Abdul-Wahad.

Parker helped the Spurs win NBA titles in 2003 and 2005.

After winning his 2005 NBA championship ring, Parker performed a rap song in French in front of 65,000 cheering fans.

No release date was available for the album at press time.

Oh no. Those songs from Shaq where like the most terible Hip Hip ever. I hope, for the wolrd, this is ends better :lolsign:

Shaq's better than all the G Unit rappers though! :willvspaparazzi:

I would place Shaq over the G-Unit, and I have heard some of Kobe's raps, and they are horrible. Maybe I'll post one for fun, so people can blast it.

I remember when did a little rap preformance at a rally after the Spurs won. Of course he did it all in French and ppl wanted 2 know wat he was saying somebody translated it and basicly what he was rapping about was the state HipHop is in. So who knows it might be gud. SHaqs rhyming skills need sum serious work but anything is better than stuff like Mike Jones.

Shaq might not be close the greatest lyricist in the world but he's the only NBA rapper that went platinum, that'd be the equivalent of Game making the NBA All-Star team one day. :kekeke: Well if Tony Parker's raps suck, at least we won't all be able to understand it unless we know French, lol.

Edited by bigted

Kobe made an Album? I wanna hear that. Is it as cool as is haircut? lol

Kobe's joint was half decent... Thug poet... Lol

Didn't he do a piece on Destiny's Child's "Say My Name."

Anyway, Tony Parker might be decent. We used to listen to French rap in a French class I took awhile back. Dudes can flow. Let's see what Tony can do. You never know, Tim Duncan might get in the act. The world is not ready for Tim on the mic. He'd change the game for sure... Um... yeah...

I've heard 3 of Kobe's rap songs. KOBE ft Tyra Banks was ok, his verse on Say My Name was decent but Thug Poet just wasn't him. Not that good. Might be interesting to hear Tony rap though, I also heard some french guys rap in french class, sounded pretty good. Great flow like Max said.

Kobe made an Album? I wanna hear that. Is it as cool as is haircut? lol

Kobe's joint was half decent... Thug poet... Lol

Didn't he do a piece on Destiny's Child's "Say My Name."

Anyway, Tony Parker might be decent. We used to listen to French rap in a French class I took awhile back. Dudes can flow. Let's see what Tony can do. You never know, Tim Duncan might get in the act. The world is not ready for Tim on the mic. He'd change the game for sure... Um... yeah...

They made us listen to some French rap in class a year ago and I know what you talking about. They have more lyrical content than most of the new-skool American rappers. Dont believe me check some of the joints by Mc Solaar ( he raps in english too ). :wiggle:

• 1 year later...
  • Members

734847475.jpg

I listened to the album I also made a listening party during my radio show , the album i s not bat , he got Jamie foxx on one song and some others french rappers like Booba,Eloquence, DJ Skalp produced most of the tracks , globaly the album is not , he made a personal album, talking about himself, his life and so and so , there are some wack songs just like "Balance toi"(I'd translate it "shake your body"), but I love the others songs especially the one with jamie foww "effet papillon"("butterfly effect")", "La famille"("the familly") , "bienvenue dans le texas"(welcome to texas) this last one is good for club.Even if , according to most of french rappers there's no special message talking about ghettos or violence or something else like that in his tracks , i think that the album is typically TP lol , for those who want to listen to that you can check : http://tpmusic.skyblog.com/ and for his first video click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmxVNTLGbOY