JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Tonight" is next

Radewart

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radewart I'd like to get your thoughts on this movie.. what do you think? Will it be successful? good choice for Will?

I think it will be a good one. It was considered one of the best unmade scripts by several people. Michael Mann(Ali, Collateral, Heat), who is one of my favorite directors, was attached to director at one point. I trust his taste. He's still a producer on it.

From what I read, the script is pretty serious though. So, I hope Will keeps it that way. I would like to see a big blockbuster film that Will still needs to do some good dramatic acting in. I liked "I, Robot", but there were a few too many "Will Smith" moments in there.

• Admin

Yeah I agree with that.. I think studio interference will determine if Will can play it dramatically right through.. Proyas was certainly under pressure by execs to deliver some "hollywood moments." I think with pursuit and this Will is doing his two serious movies.. after this 1 I think he might do an action..action/comedy maybe a bruckheimer after that.. keep the balance going.. I think it could potentially be a great movie.. we are seeing all these superheroe movies at the moment so this could be a very interesting take on the subject matter.. If it doesnt turn out as they hoped could be a box office failure though..

Well with all this free time before Will shoots this film there could be a JJFP tour and recording of an album! :yeah: btw, That's great to hear Michael Mann's directing another film for Will too, hopefully this is one of Will's last films...

Edited by bigted

Yeah I like Will's movies too but I could live a couple years without a new movie but I can't stand waiting 3 years for a new album, I don't like it that more people watch his movies than buy his albums now and them saying that he should stick to acting and hang up the mic, I wouldn't mind if he did the opposite though personally, he needs to show more dedication to music like he said he's gonna on "Lost and Found", let Jada do more movies... btw. Will and Martin should do a fresh new comedy, not another "Bad Boys" movie even though the 2 movies are great but everybody does sequels now....

Edited by bigted

It´s sounds quite interesting but there´s a movie coming after "TONIGHT HE COMES" about superheroes too (the main role is played by Uma Thurman;she´s a superwoman in the middle of a crisis, her boyfriend broke up with her and she´ll try to back with him using her superpowers).

Maybe this film will affects TONIGHT HE COMES...

It´s sounds quite interesting but there´s a movie coming after "TONIGHT HE COMES" about superheroes too (the main role is played by Uma Thurman;she´s a superwoman in the middle of a crisis, her boyfriend broke up with her and she´ll try to back with him using her superpowers).

Maybe this film will affects TONIGHT HE COMES...

That's a full out comedy. I don't believe that "Tonight" is comedy.

Has Will ever taken that much tyme off work? LOL. I bet he wont even know what to do with himself asides STILL working in his studio or something.

peace,

cookie

This seems to be his new formula-Make a movie than dedicate 6 months to music. Hopefully he'll drop some more singles and record new material in those 6 months. No other movie projects for six months please!

Well with all this free time before Will shoots this film there could be a JJFP tour and recording of an album! :yeah: btw, That's great to hear Michael Mann's directing another film for Will too, hopefully this is one of Will's last films...

Is Mann directing it ? I thought he was producing it and mostow directing it.

Is Mann directing it ? I thought he was producing it and mostow directing it.

[/quote

Yep, Mann's producing and Mostow's directing.