JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Tonight" is next

Radewart

Looks like Will is gonna do that superhero project.

link: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=12184

Will Smith and director Jonathan Mostow have committed to Tonight, He Comes -- a development that has Columbia Pictures eyeing a production start in Los Angeles by next summer, reports Variety.

Vince Gilligan rewrote Vincent Ngo's script. Sony Pictures Entertainment's Amy Pascal acquired the project earlier this year in a bidding battle.

Smith will play a disaffected and underappreciated superhero in a mid-life crisis. Akiva Goldsman and Michael Mann will produce with Smith and his Overbrook Entertainment partner, James Lassiter.

Smith just completed starring for Columbia with son Jaden and Thandie Newton in The Pursuit of Happyness, a Gabrielle Muccino-directed drama.

Mostow will push back two projects: Swiss Family Robinson, a film he rewrote with Sam Montgomery for Disney and Mandeville's David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman, and Terminator 4

Edited by Radewart

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish he had done Nick Fury first!!!!

I dunno about this one......

BUT, you have to admit it is going to be much better than that "Career suicide" movie with Ben Affleck!!!

That would have been HORRIBLE!!!

I guess I still don't really undersand what the movie is about.

Will he be fighting ANYBODY??

Is it a comedy???

If any body really understands it let me know!!!

i saw this on ws.com too and like i said there its good news for 2 reasons.

i wanted him to do this movie coz i like the idea of a superhero and he gets to do the action thing before he gets to old, and much more importantly, it doesnt start until the summer so plenty of time for music! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: