Frenetic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bow Wow: "Will Smith was more like a gimmick"

Monday - November 28, 2005

A-Plus

In the latest issue of XXL magazine, Bow Wow had some interesting things to say about Will Smith.

”But to me, honestly Will wasn’t like a real rapper.”

For old school hip hop fans, Bow Weezy’s comments may be shocking but the under 21 with a Black Card emcee didn’t stop there.

”He was more like a gimmick. Then he zapped in to get a TV show, and it was on and poppin’. Then after that he was in Hollywood. So things came easy for him. With me, I’m a rapper. I ain’t with the whole colorful cornball type things. That’s just not my style.”

Bow Wow, who’s set to make an appearance in the third installment of The Fast and Furious franchise also has his sites set on the acting world. However, unlike some rappers turned actors, he wants to do a little of everything.

”Will [smith] can act, but he does more of those blockbuster Hollywood movies, which I wanna do. But also I wanna do it like Denzel-movies that really mean something. I feel like I can definitely be better than him.”

In the interview, the 18-year-old emcee also talks about his future plans in the music business his status with So So Def Records, and of course, his main squeeze Ciara.

”We just found each other, and we just riding it out,” he says of the relationship. ”It’s a beautiful situation.”

source: www.hiphopdx.com

i have one word:

WTF?!?!?!

this dudes gotta learn his place! wat is he, 18??? he wasnt born when Will smith began tearing it up at parties (neither was I, but i dont go around dissin Will...) he sang a remix to parents just dont understand for god's sake!!! another fake @$$ punk claimin to be real, the hardest thing bow wow's probably done is take a crap constipated...

(yes, i know i said one word, but damn, he's pissin me off...)

Bow Wow doesn't think that being a 10 years old rapper wasn't a gimmick? :paperbag: btw, that was Lil' Romeo not Bow Wow who was on "Parents Just Don't Understand" remake, not Lil' Bow Wow. Will was gonna produce a movie for Lil' Bow Wow though a couple years ago, maybe he's upset that didn't happen, he's probably jealous that Will's gonna produce a movie for his ghostwriter TI! :rofl:

Hey, welcome to the site Frenzy! :2thumbs:

?Will [smith] can act, but he does more of those blockbuster Hollywood movies, which I wanna do. But also I wanna do it like Denzel-movies that really mean something. I feel like I can definitely be better than him.?

:mygod: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How can he say that about Will?! He's one of the most famous actors in the world right now.... wow, Bow Wow really is an idiot. :paperbag: :thumbdown:

I guess Lil' Woof Woof was too young to remember Six Degrees Of Separation. Maybe he was playing in the playpen when Enemy Of The State came out. Or he was possibly in the bathroom with his pants around his ankles looking at a Playboy when Ali came. He must not have known that Will has been nominated for 3 Golden Globe Awards and an Academy Award.

What a clown. As I said in an earlier post, how can you take him seriously when he looks like the love child of Rick James:

Rick%20James.jpg

hardpre2.jpg

lmao when u start off with a rediculous statement like that from bow wow, u can only expect a hilarious post. Then u go and bring out the pic of Will and spongebob. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The only reason Bow wow says stuff about Will is bcoz he knows Will wont respond, so hes an easy target.

• Members

Instead of just focusing on his lyrical skills, he figures he'll try to create beef with someone. But instead of going after a Common or Jay-Z, Bow Wow decides he'll go at Will because he knows Will won't respond back.

I was just about to say the above. I find it admirable that so many people have gone at Will Smith, yet he's always taken the high road and never got himself in trouble.

Remember what Abraham Lincoln said - "A wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something."

Edited by X.N. Trick