JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Beats 50 Cent, Kelly Rowland Flies Solo At American Music Awards

fan 4ever

Damn... that's always been something about Will that frustrated me. He disses these horrible rappers (without calling them out by name) and then gives props to terrible/mediocre rappers. It makes me ask the think: Then what were you just talking about in your song? "Truck with rims, throwback jerseys, champagne bottles, lotsa models, damn!" Remember that? These rappers you're praising are all guilty of that ****.

In his music he is always on point with this stuff but in real life he changes tune. I'm not asking him to diss this rapper or that rapper. I'm asking him to stop giving them props because they are tearing down commercial Hip Hop.

God Blessa!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I never think that Will dissed rappers in his album 2 begin with. I see Will like an older brother that is getting after these younger cats that r just copying other ppl's styles and when he thinks they do good he gives them props. I think really Will is trying 2 be like a mentor. he never calls them out by name cus he thinks thats not rite 2 do that. When I heard Will was going 2 respond on Em's comment. I knew it wasn't gonna be sumthing like "I hate u" type of thing. Will just put how he felt. And that he moved on.

He thinks 50 has sum gud skill and maybe thinks he's a gud person now. Sum ppl on this board have said 50 was gud as an underground rapper.

Besides Will is grown he can have any friends he wants. That was great article thanx

You wouldn't consider calling someone's music brilliant and honest a compliment? :hmm: Will should just stop dissin' what other rappers are doing and just do fun storytelling tracks with Jazzy Jeff instead 'cause haters'll diss Will for dissin' gangsta rappers one minute then praising them the next. Deep down I thought it was also stupid that Will was saying that Em has "mad skills" when he said that he was gonna make a song to set Eminem straight, I got a lot of respect for Will but this is one thing I just don't get, real talk since I'm not being a Loretta.

Eminem does have "mad skills". He might be reponsible for promoting some negative images in hip-hop. But he has mastered the art of multi-syllabic rhyming, story-telling, humourous rapping and personal tales. I feel that Eminem could have been a doper MC if he did more positive music, more story telling. But I hated the last album it was really wack except for a couple of tracks. I think Will dosen't really respect 50 so much but isn't trying to start any unprovoked beef.

• Members

Wills been in the rap game for his whole life and he's older now and respects pretty much everyone and while he doesn't agree with the gansta rap it doesn't mean he hates everyone who is involved with it! He knows 50 and Em better than we do so he's a better judge than we are. Em is a very talented rapper. peace

Pratically that whole song "Lost and Found" is a diss to gangsta rappers, what's the point of doing those type of songs if you're gonna turn around to give those same people you dissed props? That's actually just as fake as somebody rapping about shooting guns when they don't even own guns in real life, Will shouldn't have done "Mr. Nice Guy" either if he was gonna give props to Eminem at the same time, he's making himself look foolish, I guess Will just said that he had somethin' for Em only to gain buzz for his album sales, he must really hang out with 50 then 'cause that's a publicity stunt to sell more records when in reality he didn't diss Em and comes off lookin' like a soft punk when people were expecting him to really come hard at Em, especially since he was responding 5 years later, he loses integrity by kissing up to somebody just 'cause they have higher record sales than him, he won't get any more credability in hip-hop than those wack mcs if he does that, he should "Don't Say Nothin" like he says in his song if he don't really mean it! He might as well just jump on the G Unit bandwagon so he could sell more records if he loves gangsta rap that much.

Look I personally don't care if Will's friends with 50 like I said earlier and I don't mind if Will says that Eminem has "mad skills" but he shouldn't criticise the state of the rap game in his songs, maybe he only cares about that 'cause "Born To Reign" was a flop, if he was selling millions of albums still he probably wouldn't make "Mr. Nice Guy" or "Lost and Found" songs. I ain't callin' him soft but I'm saying he's giving fuel for haters to call him soft 'cause he criticises rappers for polluting the youth and then he gives them props and then he wonders why people diss him?! It's gonna be harder to defend Will after awhile 'cause he's doing things like this, but hey everybody contradicts themselves I guess... :hmm:

Look I personally don't care if Will's friends with 50 like I said earlier and I don't mind if Will says that Eminem has "mad skills" but he shouldn't criticise the state of the rap game in his songs, maybe he only cares about that 'cause "Born To Reign" was a flop, if he was selling millions of albums still he probably wouldn't make "Mr. Nice Guy" or "Lost and Found" songs. I ain't callin' him soft but I'm saying he's giving fuel for haters to call him soft 'cause he criticises rappers for polluting the youth and then he gives them props and then he wonders why people diss him?! It's gonna be harder to defend Will after awhile 'cause he's doing things like this, but hey everybody contradicts themselves I guess... :hmm:

I don't think we should judge Will by what he said because he is too wise to get into rap beefs and what not. Any way Will is more a mentor than a fan of these cats and he went and gave them props just to keep things peaceful. Anyway everyone from DMX to 2pac to Kanye to Mase has been acccused of being hypocritical but it dosent mean that they aint solid artists. ( well I guess Mase isn't that hot)

If Will wants to be a team player and a "big brother" in the rap game he shouldn't criticise rappers at all 'cause that'd bring mixed signals, I mean some of Will's fans might like gangsta rap since everybody has different tastes, that could alienate fans doing that, doing those type of songs like "Lost and Found" and "Mr. Nice Guy" go against what he's about, he doesn't criticise other people so openly like that usually, he should just do his thing and sell records and let other people do their thing too even if they criticise him 'cause like he once said: "I retaliate by being great" but songs like "Lost and Found" and "Mr. Nice Guy" shows that he's stooping down to their level.