JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will's least favorite albums/samples

Mike

i remember from somewhere that will didnt like two of his cds, i think it was when someone on the board met will. but anyway i remember we said that one of them was probaly born to reign and we were thinking of the 2nd one and what it could be. maybe we concluded it and i didnt see, but i just felt like typing this before i forgot.

i think that he dislikes born to reign cause...well its a bad cd

and i think the other one he didnt like was code red cause hes trying to be something hes not even though everyone loves the cd i think he dislikes it.

----------------------------

2nd part of the thread is being that will uses so many samples. i cant really name them all cause it would take me so long hahah. but really i was thinking about it and a good portion of the bws cd is sampled. and i cant think of any off the top of my head on willennium cept www. anyway those are the thoughts on my mind right now.......

i wonder who samples more: will or kanye? haha

i remember from somewhere that will didnt like two of his cds, i think it was when someone on the board met will. but anyway i remember we said that one of them was probaly born to reign and we were thinking of the 2nd one and what it could be. maybe we concluded it and i didnt see, but i just felt like typing this before i forgot.

i think that he dislikes born to reign cause...well its a bad cd

and i think the other one he didnt like was code red cause hes trying to be something hes not even though everyone loves the cd i think he dislikes it.

What?? I don't get why he would dislike Code Red. How was he tryin to be something he's not?? Sorry, I just don't understand dude.

I have no clue, though, to what cd he made that he didn't like, cause I like all of his cds that I've heard so far.

Ever since the sampler machine came out in the 80s, basically every song in hip-hop music is sampled, Dr. Dre samples, Jazzy Jeff samples, Kanye West samples, KRS-ONE samples, etc... "Born To Reign" is most likely his biggest dissapointment, I think he probably shelved Tra-Knox's album after that. "And In This Corner..." was another dissapointment in his music career so it's probably that one although I think it's a solid album too, "Code Red" was also a flop too that many critics and fans dissed commercially but Will says he likes that one though since he knows that's probably his most street cred album he released, I think "He's The DJ.." is probably his favorite one, that's what Jazzy Jeff said on his board that he enjoyed working on that one the most.

i didnt know that bit about him saying that he liked code red so whoops. what i meant by being something hes not was like you can tell he was trying to be harder of an mc on some tracks. kinda like code red, hows hes with abother girl when his girlfriend comes in, and him making his voice really voice in some parts