JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

XBox 360

Schnazz

One of the folks at work got an XBox 360 and brought it in today, it was kind of a let down. I checked out, I think, Call of Duty. It basically looked like a good PC game, nothing really ground breaking. Some good smoke, exploding bottles that have liquid shooting out, but over all it wasn't all that visually impressive. I also checked out the new Madden. Again, looks like a good PC game, but not that visually impressive.

The hardware was kinda cool, the box looks good, the wireless controller's neat and feels good (much better than the original XBox controller), and the remote is interesting.

The crazy part is that they're 400 new and are going for around 1500 on ebay! I'll be waiting before I pick one up, probably after a price drop, but I'm mostly just jonesen for the Revolution! :)

One of the folks at work got an XBox 360 and brought it in today, it was kind of a let down. I checked out, I think, Call of Duty. It basically looked like a good PC game, nothing really ground breaking. Some good smoke, exploding bottles that have liquid shooting out, but over all it wasn't all that visually impressive. I also checked out the new Madden. Again, looks like a good PC game, but not that visually impressive.

The hardware was kinda cool, the box looks good, the wireless controller's neat and feels good (much better than the original XBox controller), and the remote is interesting.

The crazy part is that they're 400 new and are going for around 1500 on ebay! I'll be waiting before I pick one up, probably after a price drop, but I'm mostly just jonesen for the Revolution! :)

I hear that the new games haven't been able to take advantage of the x-box 360's hardware capabilities. I'm sure that the next wave of games will be a lot better.

I'm not going to buy one until Halo 3 comes out...

:word:

I want to wait until the price goes down anyway, I already broke my vow not to pay more that $200 for a system (I paid $300 for a psp bundle) but I actually still play my dreamcast more than my xbox or ps2, I'm waiting for a price drop, I also wouldn't want to reserve it because there are no really decent games for it rigt now (at least none I would want)

but remember Dreamcast still got it on lock for the fastest selling system EVER!!!

Edited by sonic1988

taking nintendo out of the equation for a second...

its interesting to listen to the software developers comments on the game development kits they've been sent from sony and microsoft...

when the hardware specs for each were released they were all hyped about ps3 but since they got the kits...there have been some complaints about how hard it is to program for.. that its very very complicated to use all the machines capabilities in unison... in contrast to the 360 which is reportedly as easy as the original Xbox to program for... the predictions are that despite the power gap between the two systems the complex nature of the ps3 developer kits is gonna mean that the ps3 will only begin to surpass the 360 in the last year of the upcoming console cycle....

as for nintendo... well their specs keep changing every time.. getting gradually more powerful,seems like they are still shopping round for the best deals they can get with manufacturers as far as faster chips/memory.. i think this is why no-one has seen screen shots yet... but it is using similar hardware so the Xbox,but obviously because its coming out a lot later it will have more compact or slightly faster versions..

it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out eh...

Edited by Etherspinner