JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

80's child!

Luigie

That's awesome that JJFP were part of 80's culture, but I don't know why they put knowing the words to the FPOBA theme song when that started in 1990... "Now this is a story all about how...." well I know all the words so I guess I'm a bit ol' skool :lolsign: Thanx for sharing that!

Respect your elders sonny!!!

Just jokin man!, I respect all of u, u thought me a lot from Old Skool! :2thumbs:

Edited by Luigie

Well with me being born in 1975 I remember a lot of that stuff.

My favorite cartoon in the 80's were The Transformers, Voltron and The Thundercats.

I remember when Beat Street first came out(I believe it was 1984 cuz my mom took me to the movies to see it).

I remember cats getting a large piece of a cardboard box to breakdance.

You were'nt cool if you weren't rocking either the Adidas or Puma jumpsuit with the Adidas shoes with no laces.

You had no idea who Aerosmith was until they did Walk This Way with Run DMC. I remember when MTV first started and all they did was play videos. Ahh, Yo! MTV Raps was my favorite.

You were a child of the 80's if you stayed up on Friday night to watch Friday Night Videos(that is, if you lived in the U.S.).

You remembered where you were when you first saw Michael Jackson's Thriller video.

You were a child of the 80's if you had a dollar that thought you were rich.

I could go on... but I'm beginning to show my age.

Yeh more of a child of the 90s i guess for me, but that was one throw back. I think its written by a UK person though, with refereance to Bross, Wacaday & Jim'll Fix it all thrown in there.

I remember originally reading this (maybe a slightly edited down version) areound Millenium time.

well it says child of the 80's (i was born 84), i guess it means if u were born in the 80's,so even if u were born 89, your still a child of the 80's, so thats why they put so much 90's stuff in there. ( i hope that makes sence).

Well that makes sense, I remember when I was very young I listened "U can't touch this", I was born in 1989....Wooooa! i'm a 80's child! :lolsign: !