JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

some huge will smith news

• Admin
While Smith says that it is his acting that pays the bills, he still loves making music. "I have an album coming for Christmas, which I haven't compiled yet, but I have about 40 songs so far. The technology of making music today is ridiculous. I just programmed the music, laid the vocals, mixed the record and burned a CD on my laptop in my hotel room. I am like 'Wow!' that it has come to a point with technology that I was mixing a song with my headphones on the plane flying back here."

Smith says that he sees parallels between his up-and-coming album and I, Robot. "It is the same type of blockbuster zone, but slightly more mature, and more elevated intellectually. That is sort of where my music is now, but still fun."

If the music takes off, Smith may give up the acting - well at least a certain type of movie. "I feel like I have got five or six more years of action movies and blowing stuff up. I probably want to hurry up and get those while I can still take my shirt off in a movie."

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
[quote=DevilsJim89,Jul 11 2004, 05:52 PM]nice so we should expect to drop around the same time Willenium did....

Tim, can you please for now on post the source links to every article you post?[/quote]
the source is on that post from silvertiger in big will forum..im just keepin all the news on the album in this post

Thanx 4 that!!! It's articles like that make me feel good. There is alot of doubters out there...so it's good 2 have your quotes backed up by fact. Posting the source is a good idea...u know how some people are around here. :nhawong:

I like that Will mentioned his music has a more serious edge now...i think that's what made Willennium better than BWS and Born To Reign more personal than BWS (with the exception of "Just The Two of Us" and "Chasing Forever").

I think this album is gonna take off...and if it dosen't, at the least the music sounds like it'll be great. Hopefully it'll make lots of noise...calling 4 more music faster than his time on Columbia.

:::patiently waits for Christmas:::

• Admin
[quote=Hero1,Jul 11 2004, 05:43 PM]"It is the same type of blockbuster zone, but slightly more mature, and more elevated intellectually. That is sort of where my music is now, but still fun."[/quote]
i am loving that quote! :bowdown: :bowdown: more elevated..more mature..im ready for it man! sounds like some dope hip hop :thumb:

i was hoping it would come out sooner than christmas..but who knows..

• Members
but hey guys,do you think if will's album come out and is a brilliant album would be a hit,because will is some of this people that ever does his music with his own personality,he don't talk about kill people,about bitches,guns,cars and that stuff in his rhymes, and with the state of hip hop now do you think that Will's album would be considerated right now?
i'm a little dissapointed because i think that will had to solidificate his reputation because he is one of the best mcees of all time and doesn't matter what people say.

I hope that upcoming album would be like supernatural to santana

• Admin
i think you cant judge will's career properly on born to reign..that album did not have one track from it released to radio..not 1 track.. black suits comin was out to promote men in black 2... when its promotion was handles so poorly you cant say will isnt gonna sell any records any more.. with the time will is gonna put into this record i think it will go platinum easily..and sell millions around the world... lets hope the 1st single is really strong :werd:

• Members
Slick Rick has signed with Def Jam for his first album since spending 17 months in a federal detention center. "It's gonna cater to the mature audience," he said, adding he hopes to collaborate with Elephant Man. ... Speaking of the dancehall star, Elephant Man will release "Cock Up Your Bumper" with Big Tigger and Sasha as the next single from his breakthrough Good 2 Go album. He also revealed he just finished a track with Will Smith. ...

[url="http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1489241/20040706/lachey_nick.jhtml?headlines=true"]http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1489241/2...?headlines=true[/url]

dunno if you know it already.