JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

foxy..kid n play

Hero1

• Members
I don't know what is going on with Kid at all. Christopher "Play" Martin, lives in Yanceyville North Carolina, he's working with a lot of religious artists and I believe he and Salt from Salt N Pepa are putting together a play. He is one of the youth ministers at my church here in Durham NC. He does a program once a month called 'THE REMIX', its a type of fusion between hip hop and God, the younger members of the congregation really enjoy it. He will be hosting it the fourth Sunday of this month. I'll pass on any other info that I get. He's really a cool guy. Edited by Foxy11

I love Kid 'N Play...definitly one of my fav groups. Didn't someone post a month or so ago saying that Kid has given up on music? In an XXL magazine from like 2000ish, they had an article on Kid 'N Play. Kid talked about his car accident and how he waz working on new music with Def Jef but had no real plans 2 release it at that point. Play waz overlooking some gospel Hip-Hop (infact he executively produced a Grapetree complilation album in like 1999). I also heard that newz that him and Salt were writing a play 2gether.

While Kid 'N Play are still cool, they almost never talk, the XXL article talked about the last time they were 2gether, one of their mutual friends invited them both over 4 dinner one night without letting the other know the other was gonna be there. They had a good time and reminsced but it didn't sound like anything came from it. The end of the article said something like they had no plans 4 a reunion but that nobody should count it out.

I think that they are so different now that a reunion is pretty unrealistic...but i'd love 4 them 2 prove me wrong.

• Members
[quote=DevilsJim89,Jul 6 2004, 10:45 PM]Yo if hes one of your ministers than ask him if there will ever be a "Kid N Play" album....and find out if him and Kid still talk.[/quote]
He's never mentioned anything about a reunion, he has mentioned that they are still friends. He is very heavily into his faith, he does not really like being referred to as "Play" much anymore either.

• Members
Here is a link about the project Play is invovled in at my church.

[url="http://www.compassionministriesofdurham.org/upcomingmore.htm"]http://www.compassionministriesofdurham.org/upcomingmore.htm[/url]