JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are You Listening To

Guest Prince

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I like listening to Erick Sermon's "Chilltown, New York" a lot of cats sleep on him! :dj:

Ahhh...something we agree on. Nice + Smooth is dope. I also really wanna get Erick Sermon's new album.

However, 2day i listened 2 the radio on a long road trip. I also popped in an LFO CD and the Jerkey Boys.

BTW whatever happend to the light funky ones. I thought they had the whole boy-band thing sorted. Something alittle different.

[quote=KevTastic,Jul 14 2004, 10:14 PM]BTW whatever happend to the light funky ones.[/quote]
LFO came out with Life Is Good in the summer of 2001. It still had the R-N-B and Hip-Hop influence...but this album had alot of rock influence on it. When i got it, i waz really disappointed (more than when i heard some of Born To Reign's trax)...however, the album ended up growing on me and becoming on of my favorite albums ever.

J Records didn't promote them very good and even tho' they were touring, their 1st video/single didn't get much support and their money ran out b4 they could shoot the video for "Life Is Good" featuring M.O.P. They didn't get the option 2 make the album a hit and they fellaz went their seperate way since their creative minds wern't working 2gether. Rich started a new group called Bad Mood Mike which waz alot like the rock-style of LFO. Bad Mood Mike broke up last year after their career as a group only managed 2 get a lil' buzz from touring. Brad produced/compiled an album which waz on some weird rock tip (which he released independently) and Devin also is working on a solol album. Months ago they got 2gether and sung Happy B-Day 2 Louis Pearlman (who helped them get their career off the ground) and there waz newz of them touring 2gether and maybe going from there but i don't think it ever happened.

2 me, LFO wazn't a boy band...they were just a u-neek group that waz in2 multiple music genres. Their lyrics were creative, funny, and on a level not many groups could compare 2. They singing and rap styles were something unlike anyone else in music. While i loved them 4 their Hip-Hop and R-N-B sound...their musical risks got me accepting sounds i'm usually not in2 . They turned in2 one of my favorite groups and i really wish they'd work 2gether again reguarless of the sound.

:::Goes 2 listen 2 "Summergirls":::

Guest Prince
Today I've been listening to the "Tale of 2 Cities" album by The Kennedy Sountrack. Nu metal kind of thing, bit like some of Linkin Parks songs with emceeing mixed with rock.

Right now, I got some Prince on (or whatever he is calling himself these days).

Gett Off, my tune from when I were younger...................oh the memories.
It also has one of the greatest lines EVER in a song. Edited by the real big willie

This topic is gonna be an on-going one for eva now.

Right Now im Listening to Rock Box by Run DMC

If im not mistaken that would be the first eva Rap/Rock fusion.

Ace tune

I'm into that new Mobb Deep single...Got It Twisted...love it!! :music:
Oh and i also bought Kiss Of Death from Jadakiss...and i have 2 say..i love it!!
It's great..a must buy!! Edited by fan 4ever