JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Biggie's mom criticises Diddy and Lil' Kim

bigted

Everything she said makes a lot of sense to me. It's nice to hear the truth about artists, with likes of 50 Cent, Diddy, Shyne, etc. and then to see guys like Mos Def, Talib Kweli and Hieroglyphics, being only what they can be, and being only a part of what they want to be.

There could be some truth for Puffy cheating Biggie of the money he earned 'cause The Lox were just on Hot 97 today claimin' that Puffy's been cheating them of millions of dollars 'cause he controls their publishing.

That was an interesting read. It wouldn't surprise me that Puffy cheated Biggie out of some of his publishing money. Puffy is concerned about one person - Puffy. It's the reason why Bad Boy disintergrated after Biggie's Death. Biggie was Bad Boy Records. Take a look at the rest of the roster that Puffy had. Craig Mack... gone. The LOX... gone. Total... gone. Faith Evans... gone. 112... gone. Black Rob... gone. New Edition... gone. All of these artists left because everything has to be done Puffy's way... and that no matter what, Puffy is the only star at Bad Boy.

Just look at the way he used Da Band and now this "supposed" girl group. Puffy isn't interested in building up his artists. He's interested in building up himself. The only thing he can fall back on is Biggie hence the "new" Biggie album that's supposed to come out in 2006. Puffy is a great salesman but the only person he sells is himself.

Edited by TopDawg14

There could be some truth for Puffy cheating Biggie of the money he earned 'cause The Lox were just on Hot 97 today claimin' that Puffy's been cheating them of millions of dollars 'cause he controls their publishing.

Controlling the publishing isn't nesescairily a negative thing.But I guess there could be truth in what Biggies

mother was saying. But for some reason I always liked puffy dunno why? :shrug:

Maybe its because his name reminds me of a doughnut.

Controlling the publishing isn't nesescairily a negative thing.But I guess there could be truth in what Biggies

mother was saying. But for some reason I always liked puffy dunno why? :shrug:

Maybe its because his name reminds me of a doughnut.

In this case controlling the Publishing rights is a very negative thing. the lox aren't even on bad Boy anymore, and they only released one album VIA that label...Yet a Diddy, A MAN WHO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DBLOCK ANYMORE, is making more money off of thier musc. it's Insane. If you really look at it, he seems to care more about his pocket, than his artists. What happened when he did the first making the band? SO many of his artists we're shelved, to give Him more time with this group who basically did nothing. How many People on bad boy hav actually had a nice Full Career, Aside from like, 112, Mase, Biggie, and Diddy Himself. Hell, even 112 Broke away because of it.

And Disregard my first post, I now understand what this is about, and what she meant. Excuse me for coming off as uninformed :1-say-yes:

I found this about the Diddy-Lox beef over publishing rights:

The Lox and Diddy Square Off On Radio

By Nemesis

Date: 11/16/2005 10:05 pm

Even though The Lox and Sean “Diddy” Combs seemingly made peace after performing at the Jay-Z and Nas performance truce last month, the former Bad Boy rappers’ long-running complaints against the mogul have re-surfaced.

On Angie Martinez’s Hot 97 radio show, The Lox members Jadakiss and Styles P made a passionate, aggressive plea for their publishing and autonomy from Combs, who they claim owns half of their collective publishing.

“Imagine working for years working for years, hard work and somebody that has nothing to do with that is getting the bulk of it. You’d be totally, utterly frustrated. And, you tryin’ to get around it for years and you call about it with lawyers, but people are too powerful,” said Style P, alluding to Combs’ influence.

The Lox released their debut, Money, Power, Respect, in 1998, but departed Combs’ Bad Boy Records after orchestrating the legendary “Free The Lox” campaign. Styles, Jadakis and Sheek Louch, who was absent at the New York radio station, then joined the Ruff Ryders under the Interscope banner. The group recently vowed that they would no longer record for their label, Interscope Records, due to issues with company brass and Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson’s apparent power with the company.

“This ain’t no varmint talk – this is real life,” said Jadakiss. Eventually, Sean “Diddy” Combs called from his Manhattan office to confront The Lox and counter their claims.

“If somebody is getting in the way of you expressing yourself, you can come get at me directly,” said Diddy from the phone. “We’re businessmen. We’re all mature adults here. Y’all sit on this interview and talk as long as you want to talk or you can take the invitation I extended before. Its not even getting there -You getting on the radio, whatever tactic – I’m not your enemy. Don’t sit here and portray that Puff took something from y’all.”

Immediately, Jadakiss retorted, “Well, what is it then? What do you call it? We can’t handle it any other way dealing with lawyers and you know that. So don’t get on the radio and act like a tough guy.”

The conversation degenerated to the point where none of the parties statements were nearly incomprehensible.

“I’m a grown a** man,” said Diddy.

“You a coward,” Jadakiss responded.

“You a thief,” followed Styles.

A seemingly frustrated Diddy eventually hung up the phone as The Lox continued to vent their grievances to Martinez and the listening “We want our publishing, dog, and we got a right to that. Its been years now,” Styles P shrieked. “We been through seven lawyers and all kinds of things.”

Eventually, Mase and Lil’ Cease also joined into the fray and Biggie’s publishing became topical as well as Shyne’s jail term. After the screaming and bickering died down, Jadakiss and Styles said they would be willing to speak to Combs if they could initially avoid middlemen and council.

“At the least we want to sit down and see what we can work out without running each other in circles and telling you to call somebody and they you telling them you don’t know nothing about it,” Kiss said.

Back on topic...i've always thought Lil' Kim waz a nasty person. I've talked 2 people who've spent some decent time with her in real life and they say she's a sweetheart...nothing like the person u hear on her records. Either way, she has no skillz and her music is trash. Puffy has never made real music as an artist, and his production is mostly beat-jacking. But his business skillz are savy...i gotta give him that. I don't doubt the love and respect Puffy + Kim had 4 him, but i think they did monopolize off his passing.

Looks like Suge Knight was right what he said about Puffy years ago mentioning Puffy dancing in all the videos of his artists and yelling over their records 'cause that's what he does, he takes the spotlight away from them, he tries to hide it off like he's a nice guy but it's obvious it's all about Puffy, Puffy, Puffy. All these stupid making the band episodes are basically done to give him more airtime than it is to introduce new artists 'cause when he signs them he shelve'll them and put out his own album. He exploited Biggie too much too in my opinion, having tributes for Biggie is great but come on every event Puffy attends he does it?! It seems to be his marketing strategy to sell more records more than a tribute in my opinion and it has worked, his biggest hits sample Biggie's voice, hmm...?

When u mention Suge Knight in the same post...it makes Puffy look like a Hip-Hop god. Puffy is Puffy...but Suge Knight is a shady, money hungy fool. Much worse than Puffy. Suge has no heart or respect 4 any of his artists or Hip-Hop.