JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NBA 2005-2006 Post

bigted

During the game, they said it was a sprain and the x-rays were negative and he is listed day-to-day, so it wasn't as bad as it actually looked.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Mourning's gonna get more playing time since Shaq's out for 2-4 weeks so I put Mourning on my fantasy team now, hopefully he plays like he did in the playoffs last year for them or else they're in trouble, it's early in the season though.

Updated: Nov. 4, 2005, 1:36 PM ET

Shaq travels with Heat, may miss 2-4 weeks

ESPN.com news services

MIAMI -- Heat center Shaquille O'Neal flew with his team to Milwaukee on Friday, but is likely to miss two to four weeks with a sprained right ankle, the Miami Herald reported Friday.

O'Neal

The team said O'Neal, a 12-time All-Star was still listed as day-to-day.

He received treatment Friday morning before joining the Heat for their afternoon flight to Milwaukee, where they'll play the Bucks on Saturday night.

O'Neal was injured in Miami's 105-102 loss to the Indiana Pacers on Thursday night. He was getting in position for an offensive rebound when he stepped on Ron Artest's foot and rolled the ankle midway through the fourth quarter. X-rays were negative, but the 7-foot-1, 340-pound O'Neal left the arena on crutches.

Heat coach Stan Van Gundy said after the game that he expected O'Neal "to miss some time," and teammates seemed resigned to playing without their center for at least a couple of games. O'Neal did not speak with reporters, and the team had no media availability before traveling on Friday.

"He's the most dominant player in the game," Heat forward Udonis Haslem said Thursday night. "If you don't have him it definitely hurts you. At the same time, the other guys have the opportunity to step up."

Only two games into the season, injury problems are already piling up for Miami.

Projected starting small forward James Posey will probably miss a few more games because of an injured thumb, reserve forward Shandon Anderson has been sidelined by back spasms and isn't traveling with the team and backup center Michael Doleac hasn't made his season debut yet because of an injured calf.

If O'Neal doesn't start on Saturday, the Heat will probably go to Alonzo Mourning, with undrafted rookie Earl Barron the likely choice to be the first center off the bench.

O'Neal averaged 15 points and six rebounds in Miami's first two games.

He missed nine regular-season games and two playoff games last year because of various injuries; the Heat went 8-3 without their starting center.

"We've got enough firepower to win without him," Miami guard Dwyane Wade said. "If one person goes down, the other guys have to step up."

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Damn, I hoping it wouldn't be as long. At least it is early in the season, if something like this is going to happen, better it happens now than in the playoffs. I hope he gets healthy and remains strong the rest of the year.

Mcgrady's out 3 weeks:

Rockets G-F McGrady has back woes, could miss three weeks

November 5, 2005

HOUSTON (Ticker) - Houston Rockets superstar swingman Tracy McGrady has a back strain and could be sidelined three weeks.

McGrady, who has a history of back problems, is inactive for Saturday's game against the New Orleans Hornets due to back spasms. However, a team spokesman indicated McGrady could be out longer.

The two-time scoring champion officially is listed as day to day and will continue to be evaluated. Veteran Derek Anderson started at forward in place of McGrady, who scored 23 points in Houston's season-opening win over Sacramento.

The 6-8 McGrady is in his ninth NBA season and second with the Rockets. He was sixth in the league in scoring at 25.7 points per game last season, adding averages 6.2 rebounds, 5.7 assists and 1.73 steals in 78 games.

In 566 games with Toronto, Orlando and Houston, McGrady has averaged 22.0 points, 6.4 rebounds and 4.3 assists. The five-time All-Star won scoring titles in 2003 and 2004 with Orlando.

I am going to the Wolves vs Clippers game tomorrow. ROW B!!! I can't wait. I love going to the games. Its awesome that I live in Minnesota, and I am able to see my favorite player KG in person a 6-8 times a year. I will let you all know how the game goes.

They were decent last year, I think the team is finally on the rise, Elton Brand, Corey Maggette, Shaun Livingston, Cuttino Mobley, they do have talent.

The Clippers and Warriors are going to both be good this year. The Warriors have a strong tandem with J-Rich and Baron Davis. I would not be suprised if both of those teams made the playoffs.

Both the Clippers and the Warriors have strong teams this season, the first time in a long time. Golden State has a good combination in J-Rich and Baron Davis. I would not be suprised to see both of them make the playoffs this season.