JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NBA 2005-2006 Post

bigted

That's the problem with today's NBA..While we have some good players, too many think that everything should be given to them, not earned by them..

I Halfly blame the Agents...In most cases of a player holding out or something, it was they agent in the back, telling them too, so he can make that extra dollar.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:word: That seems to be the trend in all sports these days, it's all about the benjamins...

anybody see the philly game last night .. great game what a shot by korver to take it into the 3rd overtime

anybody see the philly game last night .. great game what a shot by korver to take it into the 3rd overtime

The Celtics turned the ball over too many times in the third overtime. Great game, but Paul Pierce played terribly... Danny Ainge needs to get some older talent around us. Too many youngs guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Russell's help, Shaq, Kobe make peace

Associated Press

Bill Russell still has a big impact on the NBA. Following the Hall of Famer's advice, Shaquille O'Neal made peace with Kobe Bryant before their Martin Luther King Day game.

"I had orders from the great Bill Russell," O'Neal said. "Me and him were talking in Seattle the other day, and he was telling me how rivalries should be. I asked him if he ever disliked anybody he played against, and he told me, `No, never,' and he told me that I should shake Kobe Bryant's hand and let bygones be bygones and bury the hatchet.

"Today is a day of peace. Dr. Martin Luther King was an ambassador of peace. So when I talked to Mr. Russell, he told me he said that him and (Wilt) Chamberlain spoke once or twice a week before he passed away. And even though people thought they hated each other, there was nothing but love there."

After a series of emotional pregame exchanges, Bryant scored 37 points to help the Los Angeles Lakers beat O'Neal and the Miami Heat 100-92 on Monday night for their sixth victory in seven games. O'Neal had 18 points and 10 rebounds.

O'Neal first approached Bryant before the game to congratulate him on his daughter's birth and the impending birth of a second child.

Later, the longtime protagonists shook hands, embraced briefly and talked at center court when the team captains and game officials met. They hugged again before the opening tipoff as the fans at Staples Center voiced their approval.

"It made me feel good," Bryant said. "We've been through so many wars together. Now, just be able to move on, try to do the best for this team, wish him the best in South Beach. I think it's good for the city of Los Angeles, good for the NBA, good for the youth, being Martin Luther King Day."

In other NBA games, it was: San Antonio 93, Memphis 83; the Los Angeles Clippers 102, Utah 93 in overtime; Dallas 114, Milwaukee 95; Detroit 94, Boston 84; Washington 104, Philadelphia 76; Minnesota 96, New York 90; Atlanta 94, Houston 83; Golden State 109, Seattle 93; New Jersey 97, Indiana 92; New Orleans 107, Charlotte 92; and Denver 97, Chicago 94.

In Los Angeles, Lamar Odom added 19 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists for the Lakers, and Devean George had 17 points. Dwyane Wade had 34 points and seven assists for Miami, which had its four-game winning streak snapped.

The game was the fourth between the teams since the Lakers traded O'Neal to Miami in July 2004. Miami won the previous three, including a 97-92 win on Christmas Day in Miami. O'Neal and Bryant didn't acknowledge each other before or during that game.

The two spent eight tumultuous seasons with the Lakers, teaming with current Los Angeles coach Phil Jackson to win three championships. Jackson left the team a month before O'Neal did and took last season off before being rehired in June.

The game also marked the return of Pat Riley to Los Angeles for the first time since he returned as coach of the Heat last month. Riley coached the Lakers to four titles in the 1980s.

Heat are sorta struggling right now, I think they're only a few games over .500...

I don't know, they interviewed Shaq after the game and he said something about it being just two seven footers battling on the court. He said I came at him, and he came back at me. I don't think it sounds like bad blood.

No, no bad blood at all, just a rivalry... a little competition. Shaq is Bynum's favorite player.

What is all of your opinions on the Antonio Davis situation? I really don't think he should be penalized, he was simply going into the crowd to defend his family, I know I would have done the same thing, as would most other people.

I just came across it, 5 games. I think that is ridiculous, if you see someone pushing your wife around, and you go up their to protect her, you should not be penalized for it.

I watched that game last night, I don't think Antonio should be suspended either, he's a class act, I was upset when the Bulls traded him 'cause they're missing that character this year, he don't put up big numbers but he brings a lot as a team player, most people'd do the same thing he did!!! They're probably suspending him though 'cause the NBA has to protect their image more than anything, they don't wanna see anybody go into the stands after what happened last year

5 Games is CRAZY!

1) He wasn't angry at all, he didn't assault anyone, There was no reason for a fight to break out. The man is from Chicago, the fans like him too..

2) IT'S HIS WIFE! Let me tell you, if I saw some drunk threatining my Wife, i'd be up ther in less than 2 seconds...Especially with his son sitting up there too. Tha man loves his family, and was just protecting them..

3) 5 Games huh?...Hmm, I seem to remember a certain Ray Allen/Keyon Dooling Fight, In Which Ray got 3 Games and Dooling got 5..No way in hell wis what davis did is anywhere near what Dooling could have started. And what about Duhon, getting into fights on the court, and Later ejected..That could have been troublesom too....

Punishment doesn't fit the "Crime" (If you can even call it that)

Edited by Vipa