JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Eminem Ignoring Bono?!?!

TopDawg14

Here is an article I found from contactmusic.com about the "beef" between Bono and Eminem:

EMINEM IGNORED BONO'S LIVE 8 CALLS

Live 8 organisers SIR BOB GELDOF and BONO were furious when rapper EMINEM refused to return their phonecalls about performing at the poverty awareness bash.

They sent the STAN hitmaker photographs of African fans wearing Eminem t-shirts in an effort to persuade him to join the Live 8 line-up, only to be totally ignored.

Geldof says, "Bono called me while I was in Africa and said 'he's (Eminem) not calling me back. I've got these pictures of kids wearing Eminem and D-12 t-shirts and we got them sent off to Eminem's office but did we hear anything? It's sad.'

He added, "If people don't want to do anything, then it's cool, I'm ok with that, but I wouldn't mind if they got back to us."

29/10/2005 15:43

Yeah this is something you'd expect from him, he got no heart. :damnlorettas:

Eminem just dosen't have any compassion or heart. And i can't respect a man like that at all.

Maybe his camp didn't relay the message or something like that, so i shouldn't come off judging. But still, something's wrong with the situation.

I look at it this way tho'...people like FP, LL, S-N-P, etc all take part in organizations 2 help other people. They take the situation they are in and help other people. Not many new cats do that....and it's very disappointing. This is beyond music...it's about character.

Eminem just dosen't have any compassion or heart. And i can't respect a man like that at all.

Maybe his camp didn't relay the message or something like that, so i shouldn't come off judging. But still, something's wrong with the situation.

I look at it this way tho'...people like FP, LL, S-N-P, etc all take part in organizations 2 help other people. They take the situation they are in and help other people. Not many new cats do that....and it's very disappointing. This is beyond music...it's about character.

Very True Aj. That is just sad that you have these new cats and they don't want 2 lend a helping hand. Yet the want 2 get notice by what who they call out on their songs and stuff. If it's Em's camp fault that they did not relay the message 2 him. Em should fire sum of the ppl at his camp. But if he did know and chose not 2 call them back he should be a shamed of himself :shakehead:

Will Smith mention how rappers have a big following not just here in the states but everywhere, all over the world. Like Aj said it's beyond music..it's about character

From Eminems view we all know that he came up from nothin so he probably thinks "They didnt help me when I was down in the dirt so I'm not helping them" Sad. If i have ever rich I would donate half of my money to all charities, especailly If im like a Billionare,

What about Bill Gates!? That dude got too much money what can he do with an estimated 100 Bil. Apparently that's enough money to get the 3rd world pretty much saved!!!

What about Bill Gates!? That dude got too much money what can he do with an estimated 100 Bil. Apparently that's enough money to get the 3rd world pretty much saved!!!

bill gates donates huge sums of money, he was on stage at live8 in london also

also he is only leaving $1 million each to his kids, and they rest is going to charity, in his will, and thinking of how much money he has, thats alot of money he is going to give away

Eminem just dosen't have any compassion or heart.

Yeah right thats`s why he made Songs like Toy Soldiers and Mosh

*ahem*gimmicks*ahem*

Excuse me

How can someone judge Eminem in that way.I mean i don`t like him but still we don`t know him..We don`t know **** about him in that way.To say someone has now hart wothout knwing him is just stupid.Even more when he sometimes make`s songs like that.