JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50cent mentions BigWill in song "What if"

I remember when Minister Farakkan was sitting down and talking to Ja Rule about squashing the beef with 50 Cent and Ja Rule told Farakkan that he has a rep to maintain as being known as a hardcore rapper so he has to do it, Farakkan then said to Ja Rule that kids mostly listen to rap and you need to set an example for them and Ja Rule responded that with him and 50 keepin' this beef on wax is an example that he's setting instead of actually fighting on a streetcorner, so I guess at the end of the day you gotta look at it as entertainment and nothing more, Ja Rule and 50 Cent are both rich guys that might talk about killing other rappers on record but it doesn't really happen literally. You gotta look at a lot of these rappers like wrestling where they just do certain things to maintain their fanbase so I guess you can't really be too hard on them for that. Gangsta rap used to have messages to it but now it's only about ego than anything and that's why I don't really like it that much anymore, you'll see the difference between an Ice Cube album and a 50 Cent album, they're in a different league. Game even talked about how he was the "King Of Compton" on his first album and that's not true, Dr. Dre is. I don't like it how 50 Cent has to diss so many other rappers all the time, Ice Cube never did that, it was about him dissin' police brutality, the government, and other issues in the community, but with 50 he just criticises other rappers that try to make money and that's wrong, he should let other rappers have a chance to make it too and stop being so egotistical, that's my beef wit him, why should he diss everybody that collabs with Ja Rule? LL Cool J is a battle rapper but it's not like he dissed everybody that collabed with Canibus/Kool Moe Dee when he was battlin' them, he kept the beef wit Canibus/Kool Moe Dee, that's what 50 should do with Ja Rule, LL could give 50 some pointers about being a respected rapper, lol. LL Cool J said in one of his songs a few years ago that it seems every rapper coming on is a "former Nicky Barnes that wanna be dons" and he's right about that, all these 'hustler rappers' coming out sound generic 'cause they all rap about the same things, they don't try to sound individual, people hate on Will and call him 'bubblegum' but I don't see how that could be when he's an individual, all that hustler s*** sounds watered down and generic so that's what I call 'bubblegum', there needs to be balance.

Edited by bigted

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let`s not compare Ja Rule to 50.Ja`s way realer.He doe`s it for the streets.The Single hc chooses are those like "New York".Wonderfull and that crap are chosen by the Record Company.I don`t think Ja would make a controversial Album if he was like 50.Caus he`s gonna spend more money in it than he earns with it.And that he want`s to respond to 50 is not a bad thing.LL would respond to any diss.Just like most of the rappers will do.I would do that..

And what you said about 50 dissing rappers who are on Ja`s side.Well you allways mention Pac..Pac did that to.

I don`t see the problem when he doe`s that.Battling is not a bad thing i think.But 50 makes it something stupid in his case.That`s caus he allready got his ass kciked by Ja RUle and the others a 100 times.But he keeps respondingt even tho his Tracks are getting wakker and wakker.That wrong..He should stay his man and be onest about that he lost the battle.

Actually, Ja did do a lil bit of a controversial album. Remember "Blood In My Eye"? I don't think it got the response everybody thought it was gonna get. And when did 50 get his butt kicked by Ja Rule? I think it was only for the moment. To me, it's weird and funny at the same time. Everybody was on 50 when it came to "Get Rich..."; reciting lines and arguing about stuff. You see Ja come out with "New York", and people is reciting that hook of his. The fans are not "soldiers" in these rappers wars. Just spectators. So they don't feel they're on one side and not the other. It will be interesting to see how 50's going to make money afterwards. This movie should be the final straw of him telling his beginnings. Unless he purposely left stuff out. Something's gonna give for 50, unless he makes his next "smart hustla move". Nobody has really had the credibility to go face to face with 50. Fat Joe and Ja has really been the only ones to "try" to do something. Nas can't really be an even contender. Especially now, since he said he's not sweating 50 til he gets more albums under his belt. Now the deal with Game, that was just a lil backyard scuffle, and then everybody forgets about it come the weekend. 50 and Game have gone separate ways now doing they're own thing. 50 has the media on his side a lot of times, so someone is going have to distract some of that media to them, and then attack 50.

Truthfully, LL has probably the greatest chance, but he can't do it right away. I mean, he's got more credibility as a battler than anybody still in the game now. Eminem, has lost his luster; face it. And he and 50 are on the same side. Jay-Z, is very much done as far as being that big emcee that he once was. He's very much like Michael Jordan. Your only going to relive the highlights now. If I were to play, I can't give you the same game I used to.

If 50's going to find a new contender, and lose to him, it's gotta be: LL Cool J (and note that Jay-Z is running Def Jam)

If it's going to be somebody who just won't die down, it's gotta be: The Game (as of right now)

But again, anything is possible.

And Ted, here you are saying that hustla music is watered down. Name me somebody who isn't/wasn't a watered down hustla artist. (I really wanna see if your gonna be thinking the same name I am) And 50 and Cube aren't the same people. Plus the times were different, you gotta keep that in mind. It's not like the stuff Cube said back then couldn't be said today, becuz it very well could. Which is why I'm lookin very foward to his new album coming out. I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I've enjoyed the stuff he's done.

It'd be interesting to see if 50'd choose to diss LL if LL collabed with Ja Rule, I actually think that 50 wouldn't 'cause he knows LL's track record, Ja Rule's popularity was fading before the time that 50 dissed him anyway and Fat Joe sorta has been too, then people were jumping on the 50 Cent bandwagon so it's not like you could say 50 hurt their careers, he just got lucky, if he dissed them around 2001 when they were both at the height of their popularity 50'd fall right then. The one who isn't/wasn't a 'watered down' hustla artist would have to be Nas, from "Illmatic" to "Street's Disciple" he has stayed true to himself and the streets, filling the void that Pac and Biggie left after they passed. If they were alive still I don't think 50 Cent would be having the success that he's having right now. 50 does remind me of a 'watered down' version of Pac, he tries imitating what Pac does but fails at it so he might have high sales like Pac but he isn't really as respected as Pac was at this point credability wise, basically 50 just does most songs like "How Do U Want It" and no songs like "Keep Ya Head Up", I think the earlier stuff of Pac is what made him great, I didn't really care much for the East-West beef but he did enough before that to respect him and even when he was beefing he still put subject matter into songs like "Life Goes On" and "I Ain't Mad At Cha", you can't really say that about 50 though. 50 "Ether'd" himself by dissin' Ja Rule for doing love songs with Ashanti when he's doing love songs with Olivia now, he lost credability by doing that, that'd be like KRS dissin' Nelly for doing a video with NSync and then KRS'd turn around being in Backstreet Boys' video, lol, you don't turn around to do the same thing that you dissed somebody for, Olivia makes Ashanti sound like Whitney though, lol.

Edited by bigted

Ewww. Sorry, but in all of 50's track record, nothing is like How Do U Want It. Or anything else of Pac's for that matter. Just one line sets Pac away from 50's entire songs. And you weren't thinking the same name I was. I don't see Nas as a hustla artist. Sure he's got good work ethic, but hustler isnt quite it. I don't see how you could either. I was actually thinking of Too Short.

Pac's worst songs are better than 50's best songs, I was just sayin' that 50 tries makin' club anthems that sound like 'How Do U Want It' but they're too watered down to sound like that but I don't think the teen rap fans would be able to tell that though sadly, they don't listen to lyrics the way they listen to beats and hooks, you could say that some of 50's beats and hooks are as catchy as some songs on Pac's "All Eyez On Me" disc which was Pac's most commercial disc even though it was classic album, it's the gangsta version of "Big Willie Style" to me, but when it comes to lyrics there's no comparison that Pac is leagues ahead of 50. I don't really think that many listen to lyrics like that though, the one thing that they do have in common is that Dr. Dre produced Pac too just like he's producing 50 now so people jump on the bandwagon since Dre produces him and they figure that Dre only produces legends but that's wrong, Dre just wastes beats now. Too Short slipped my mind there but he's been in the game for about as long as LL I think. Ice-T too would have to be considered as a hustler artist on the West Coast the 'OG', Scarface in the South, but "Illmatic" would be the reason why Nas is a hustler artist, that album's probably the biggest street classic in hip-hop history, he rapped about hustlin' and survivin' in the Queensbridge Projects and he keeps evolving as an artist though that's why he's stayed relevant longer than most hustler artists. DMX would be another hustler artist who was in "Belly" with Nas, he's arguably the best street rapper that came after Nas, he should be right up there with him, he released 2 #1 albums when he came out in '98 bringin' street hip-hop to the top instead of that fake bling-bling rap that was out then. "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'" is probably a cheap immitation "Belly", Jay-Z is another hustler artist of course who's the most famous one, but that's about it.

Edited by bigted

This is hilarious...

LL battling 50? GETTEHELLAAOUDEEHEREE, what total nonsence... look if your going lyrical wise alot of people could battle 50, but on any other field ll couldnt doe blahhh, if you think ll has any power anymore youre sadly mistaken... nobody cares about rap history believe me.

lol and what backstreetboy video was krs in?

LL's "The G.O.A.T." mc, 50 ain't even an mc in my book, he already "Ether"'d himself by becoming the "Wanksta" he described, he ain't really a gangsta, he's just an imitator/watered down sucka that mumbles on records, I wouldn't even call him an artist. I don't think he'd be stupid to diss LL 'cause though he shows love to Ice Cube and Big Willie on this "What If" so he might have love for the pioneers that originated making rap a corporal buisiness for him to get a movie deal/clothing line/etc. even though he might diss some of the more current rappers, he better recognise like what LL said on "Throw Ya L's Up":"young rappers you want a career?/you wanna keep going platinum, you don't wanna disappear?/quit boppin' backstage like you causing me fear/you're starting to get on my nerves, the vet's in here", LL has that track record of finishing careers, Canibus sounds like Rakim compared to 50 so that'd just be an appetiser for LL to eat up. KRS would never be caught dead in a Backstreet Boy video 'cause he ain't trying to sell his soul to get hits like Nelly, 50 Cent, and all them other punk rappers do, I was just sayin' that he'd look just as ignorant as 50 Cent did for dissin' pop rappers and then becoming a pop rapper himself, it's just like when Eminem disses pop artists but he's a watered down pop artist too, these rappers are hypocritical.

Edited by bigted