JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J gets busy on new album

bigted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL Cool J gets busy on new album

By Gail MitchellThu Oct 27, 8:37 PM ET

Veteran rapper LL Cool J is at work on a new album, which is expected to be released sometime in 2006.

Backstage Wednesday at the BET 25th anniversary celebration in Los Angeles, he said the Def Jam set will feature guest appearances from Mary J. Blige, 112 and Teairra Mari.

The album will be the follow-up to 2004's "The DEFinition," which debuted at No. 4 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 743,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Meanwhile, the rapper said he has signed a nine-picture deal with Lions Gate Film to produce movies, and also has the option of acting in the projects.

LL Cool J will next be seen in "Last Holiday," which stars Queen Latifah and is due January 13 in U.S. theaters. He also appears in "Edison," which stars Justin Timberlake.

Reuters/Billboard

Thanx 4 sharing!! This is the best news i've read in a minute. I can't wait 4 the new album. The movies sound good 2...i'm hyped. Maybe we can expect some soundtrack songs. Imagin LL and Latifah on the same track!!

Yeah I hope there's some aggressive street tracks on there too, it'll be interesting to hear how he sounds with Mary J., maybe it'll be another "Tell Me Why" type track, I don't really care about Teiarra Marri being on there, maybe that collab won't make the cut, anyway it'll be interesting to hear what he comes up with this time. I hope Queen Latifah and him do a song for their movie, that'd be hot, he's doing 9 movies too damn he's staying busy.

Nas is rumored to sign with Def Jam so maybe there'll be a bigger chance that we might get a Nas/LL collab soon! :rockon:

• 4 weeks later...

Here's more info on LL's new album:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1513279/2...108/story.jhtml

"LL Cool J is putting the finishing touches on his 12th album, My Favorite Flavor, due in February. Mary J. Blige, Ginuwine, Teairra Marí, Juelz Santana, Freeway, Mary Mary and Lyfe guest on the LP, which was produced by Scott Storch, Jermaine Dupri and others. ..."