JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I wish one of Will's good songs was a hit single...

Hero1

Well it was his lowest sellin' JJFP album at least, I could see why "Born To Reign" flopped but "Code Red" is arguably his best work he's ever done, probably the most underrated rap album ever, it's definately one of the greatest rap albums ever recorded, it should've outsold "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" and be the highest selling JJFP album, he was at the height of Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air then with popularity too.

Edited by bigted

Well it was his lowest sellin' JJFP album at least, I could see why "Born To Reign" flopped but "Code Red" is arguably his best work he's ever done, probably the most underrated rap album ever, it's definately one of the greatest rap albums ever recorded, it should've outsold "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" and be the highest selling JJFP album, he was at the height of Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air then with popularity too.

:word: I agree, Code Red was definitely the best. Every single song is top notch and there's no filler tracks. I don't see how it sold so low... :shrug:

Pretty much all artists release weaker commercial material as singles and when thye try something different it doesnt do aswell.

Wills Singles, WWW, Jiggy, Will2k are immense pop songs, there's no denying that. Even if they arent his best work that we know they are catchy tunes aimed at the pop market.

Yeah most artists do release catchy songs as singles, those are the type of songs that entertain people the most, that's why the commercial audience doesn't like "Code Red" and "Lost and Found" that much, I think even "Born To Reign" had more catchy songs on them then those 2 albums combined and if that was promoted better it might've came closer to "Big Willie Style" numbers than those would've with the right promotion.