JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Do you consider Lost & Found a success?

Yes. Even though I wished it would've done more I gotta say yes.

1. It sold 640,000+ copies in the US. How many rappers do that nowadays?

2. It sold that much from WILL SMITH, a rapper who DOESN'T CURSE. Too many people blindly label him as a "Joke", yet he sells more than Tony Yayo, Cassidy, Slim Thug, Fat Joe, etc.

3. He had a Top 10 single from the album.

4. It proved that his music career still has life after Born to Reign.

5. The most important point, it re-established his credibility for a lot of people. Will took a pretty big risk by speaking the truth about rap's current state, and hip hop fans have listened and agreed. People who were quick to diss Will before have opened their eyes about him.

As much as I would've loved for L&F to hit platinum in the US, I'm proud of what he's accomplished.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2. It sold that much from WILL SMITH, a rapper who DOESN'T CURSE. Too many people blindly label him as a "Joke", yet he sells more than Tony Yayo, Cassidy, Slim Thug, Fat Joe, etc.

5. The most important point, it re-established his credibility for a lot of people. Will took a pretty big risk by speaking the truth about rap's current state, and hip hop fans have listened and agreed. People who were quick to diss Will before have opened their eyes about him.

As much as I would've loved for L&F to hit platinum in the US, I'm proud of what he's accomplished.

Yeah it's right but I'm not really happy because that wasn't what I was thinkin' of, that wasn't what I wished that he should get, u kno'? So I'm really disappointed! The album deserved alot more than that, the album was too damn awesome, it was the best solo album Will ever did and it should get way more than that what it got! :word:

• Members

As an album its superb and it terms of is Big Will back to his best then yes it certainly is a success. Most agree its his best solo album and what more could we wish for than that. In terms of sales I would have liked a little more but I think it still has life in it yet as long as Will can muster up some serious Switch like promotion for 'Tell me Why'. Hopefully he can get Mary on board for the video and promotion and really put some serious effort in to push on after he shoots 'pursuit of happiness'

I definitely think it was a success, regardless of how many copies it sold. If people want to make jokes about Will, that's their own problem if they can't realize how great the album really is. I think the album is a success because of the quality of the songs. The album actually did pretty well even though it didn't go platinum, but that's not Will's fault. He came out with a great album and I love it, so I do believe it's a success! :1-say-yes:

:word: My thoughts exactly, this album did a lot to help solidify Will's credability in hip-hop, it's been a great year for him, I think this album is gonna be a timeless classic years ahead, "Tell Me Why" could further solidify that too if it gets released.

When i consider it a success, i talking strictly about the sales and hype around the album. The quality of the album is unquestionable. The sales are decent and the album/single have made a mark. And like it waz stated above, it didn't re-establish FP's skillz 2 alot of non-believers when it came 2 album reviews. If the album doesn't do much more than this, i'll still be happy with it as long as we aren't waiting 4ever 4 a new one. But i think the album has got more in store 4 us.