Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Do you consider Lost & Found a success?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I definitely think L&F a success, its a great album. The only thing I think Will should have done differently is had Jazzy Jeff in it because "Jeff plus Prince, equals, hit records." Too bad Jeff isn't in there tearing it up. I think he produced some of the songs though. Correct me if I am wrong.

It may not really help album sales all that much, but it will open up people's eyes at his music and it will give him more credibility.

If we're talkin about the quality, this album is amazin'... Will was lyrically great, the beats were very good.. It's a pleasure listen to him again!! about the sales, this album could have done better in according with his quality... gold isn't soo good for l+f, but we can do nothing, Interscope sux as other labels and Will himself could have done more to support it. it's a pity but I'm very happy Will released a great album, I didn't think to an album like this after born to reign. I'm impressed!!! :wickedwisdom:

Sure this "Lost and Found" album by Will might've not done as well as it should've but considering how badly his ol' school peers Public Enemy and Rev. Run are doing with their new albums sales wise not even selling 5,000 albums in the first week that makes it even it more amazing that Will was able to go gold 'cause they were selling as much as JJFP was back in the day and now it seems like not many pay attention to them anymore, it could easily been that way with Will too with this album.

Will's very much in it. Everyone was talking about Lost and Found when it dropped, and most people were praising the quality of the album. The lyrics were some of the best he has written and his flow was sick. Even those who were looking for negative things to say about the album were hard pressed to find anything negative. You remember some of the reviews... The best one person was able to do was to criticize Will's rhyming of aphrodisiac with sensual acts. Most of the criticisms were focused on Will's status as an actor/rapper and his attempt to be "hard" on Lost and Found. It was a success by anyone's standards. I just feel that it could have been a bigger success. But it's all good.

Yeah, it was definitely a successful album. With the right promotion, it could have done better, but that is mostly Interscope's fault. Lyrically it was amazing, and critically, a lot of people were praising it. It was quite a rebound from Born to Reign, and gives me hope for more albums in the future.

It´s a success for Will as an artist, it´s his best solo album, but it will be a HUGE success for Will as a rapper if Interscope (& Will by his side) released the right singles.

In my opinion, after Switch they should be released one of the "serious" tracks like Tell me Why or even Lost & Found, but they sell once again Will Smith THE ENTERTAINER, not the rapper.

They´re released two non-stop dance hits, too Willie Style; even Party Starter, a more serious track, turn into another "oh, Will Smith playing Will Smith...again" with that awful video with Will making all those "funny" faces and moves...you know...playing himself...

Maybe Will puts all his soul and talent doing "LOST & FOUND", but it seems that he´s not too interested about doing the same about promote it; he started with too many performances of Switch everywhere, wasting amazing oportunities to promote himself as the talented lyricist that he is.

Maybe they released Tell me why, but I think Will LOST his last oportunity to b considered a "real" rapper...I really don´t care, because I´m going to enjoy his best solo album but I´m a little disappointed because all that ¿promotion?...

post-162-1132229903_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cyrano