JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Movies that are dropping knowledge?

Lerkot

I read this list on the always dope Zulu Nation website... Ive read about really cool things on that site, pure wisdom, but today I saw this totally crazy list... In the middle of all words of peace and the greatness of musical spirituality and all that, I found a list that says "Movies that are dropping knowledge" and I thought "yeah, probably like documentaries and stuff..." and then I got to see the list....

1.THE MATRIX

2.THE SPOOK WHO SAT BY THE DOOR

3.THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

4.SOLENTGREEN

5.THE OMEGA MAN

6.LOGAN RUN

7.DUNE (ALL VERSIONS)

8.1984 (ORIGINAL VERSION)

9.THE EXORCIST

1O.ROSEMARY BABY

11.MALCOLM X

12.JFK

13.THE X FILE (MOVIE AND TV SHOW)

14.BLACK LIKE ME

15.WOODSTOCK

16.INDEPENDENCE DAY (ID 4)

17.THE OMEN (PART 1,2,3,4)

18.THE PROPHECY (PART 1,2,3)

19.AMERICAN HISTORY X

20.BIRTH OF A NATION

35.ENEMIES OF THE STATE

50.PLANET OF THE APES (ALL versions)

Now I dont know why I chose to bring this up, but it just doesnt really hit me how Independence Day or Planet of the Apes can drop knowledge. I mean... I just dont get it. If I see all these 112 movies on the list, will I become the genius of a lifetime? Will I maybe become the new Einstein?

• Admin

ID4 did not drop knowledge.. Planet of the Apes definitely did.. see all great science fiction is really about humanity and thats what Planet of the Apes was all about..where are we going as a society? how are we treating each other .. its actually very deep.. one of my favorite movies..

ID4 was probally saying stuff like how people try to make things so political (when bill pullman says: "please leave these cities in an orderly fashon.") it also sorta puts us in our place by showing how small we are in the universe. if our little planet blew up, even if our solar system exploded it really wouldn't mean anything.

The Knowledge in ID4 was how we are all human and that all of our squabbles are really petty. They brought that clearly into picture when at the end the whole world had to unite to destroy the aliens, and the president said that it was "our independence day". If you remember they even had a scene that showed Israeli and Arab fighter pilots and planes based together.

Here's the president's speech:

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist. And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

The Knowledge in ID4 was how we are all human and that all of our squabbles are really petty. They brought that clearly into picture when at the end the whole world had to unite to destroy the aliens, and the president said that it was "our independence day". If you remember they even had a scene that showed Israeli and Arab fighter pilots and planes based together.

Here's the president's speech:

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist. And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

Lol, Cozmo beat me to it. I was gonna look for the VHS tape. I actually remember seeing it in the movie theater... I swear people in the audience cheered with the characters on screen shortly after the speech. ID4 was a great movie for it's time...

You know what movie really drops some knowledge... Sound of Music...