JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Diss Track against Eminem from Vanilla Ice!

Turntable

I gotta give him points for being honest there, I guess his lifestyle turned him into a gangsta you could say so he ain't frontin' now, he's harder than 50 Cent, lol, at least he admits he sold out unlike a lot of pop rappers that put up a front, he'd probably had a longer career if he came out now since there's more of those pop rap gimmicks than ever that just do what labels tell them to but he couldn't last that long back then 'cause originality was what made rappers relevant in the golden era of rap.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree there have been better diss tracks over this beat

Could you name some?I would like to hear them..

Both "Christina Aguilera" and ICP (ICP being the better version) have done disses over this beat and also another rapper! Unfortunately I can't remember who this was but if I remember rightly this was the best one!

Thanks!

Oh and i just found out that that Vanilla Ice Track here is just Vanillas Part on the ICP Track.I`f i got the real version...

I found this quote from one of Chuck D's Terrordomes from April 2000 where he talks about Vanilla Ice:

"This news already out before I even said yea or nay. I hear that eMpTyV leaked out a report that VANILLA ICE’S next album is gathering PE for a collab. Well not exactly, CONFRONTATION CAMP is possibly gonna do some work on it. It was just talk but now the CAMP’s band element, CHAINGANG, will come to the table with some involvement. I don’t think cats know that the leader, KYLE JASON, will take on many, damn near most, collabs and cares less about making ‘the cool move’. KYLE hates most industry cliques and standards and relishes ‘underdog s***,’ which is why he nods his head to this move as long as it’s aggressive. Reading the ENEMY BOARD’S comments I feel what cats are saying to an extent but don’t confuse the two. CONFRONTATION CAMP, and KYLE especially, doesn’t want carry over PE fans for the namesake of it. I’ve told him that’s gonna be hard, with both myself and GRIFF, and even DJ LORD, in the group. As far as my take on it, as long as the music’s aggressive I’m ok with it. I look at VANILLA ICE beyond his early 90s trip and I’m honest about that. I think perception is important, but it rules robots just a bit much these days. If people wanna hold his art and consider him forever wack it’s an unfair assessment to evaluate in 2000. In 1990 there were probably a LOT OF SUBURBAN MCs across Amerikkka who didn’t develop until the mid-late 90s, and probably just obtained their total skills in the past few years. I happened to meet this guy when he was a kid in 1988 opening up for PE on tour in OKLAHOMA CITY. I’ve made that no secret. Tried to sign him then, it didn’t work out and I wished him well, which he did. Always said if the right thing came along there’d be some room to work together. The right thing I considered is the rap/metal collab, which I’ve always liked, and I dug his last project. CONFRONTATION CAMP is getting off the ground and a lot of cats will be uncomfortable. The members are cool with that…"

This are the us sales!

TLC - Crazysexycool 11 million

Hammer - Please Don't Hurt Em Hammer 10 Million

Biggie - Life After Death 10 Million

Outkast - Speakerboxx/Love Below 10 Million

2Pac - Greatest Hits 9 Million

2Pac - All Eyez On Me 9 Million

Beastie Boys - Licensed To Ill 9 Million

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 9 Million

Will Smith - Big Willie Style 9 Million

Eminem - The Eminem Show 8 Million

Lauryn Hill - the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill 8 Million

P Diddy & The Family - No Way Out 7 Million

Vanilla Ice - To The Extreme 7 Million

50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Tryin 6 Million

This are the us sales!

TLC - Crazysexycool 11 million

Hammer - Please Don't Hurt Em Hammer 10 Million

Biggie - Life After Death 10 Million

Outkast - Speakerboxx/Love Below 10 Million

2Pac - Greatest Hits 9 Million

2Pac - All Eyez On Me 9 Million

Beastie Boys - Licensed To Ill 9 Million

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 9 Million

Will Smith - Big Willie Style 9 Million

Eminem - The Eminem Show 8 Million

Lauryn Hill - the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill 8 Million

P Diddy & The Family - No Way Out 7 Million

Vanilla Ice - To The Extreme 7 Million

50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Tryin 6 Million

Those sales sound realistic but what site did you find this on? I didn't know that Pac's greatest hits sold that much but I should've known since everybody jumped on the bandwagon after he was killed they buy anything that's his now, JJFP's greatest hits didn't even go gold, damn shame, how much did Fugees "The Score" sell?

Edited by bigted

I found this quote from one of Chuck D's Terrordomes from April 2000 where he talks about Vanilla Ice:

"This news already out before I even said yea or nay. I hear that eMpTyV leaked out a report that VANILLA ICE’S next album is gathering PE for a collab. Well not exactly, CONFRONTATION CAMP is possibly gonna do some work on it. It was just talk but now the CAMP’s band element, CHAINGANG, will come to the table with some involvement. I don’t think cats know that the leader, KYLE JASON, will take on many, damn near most, collabs and cares less about making ‘the cool move’. KYLE hates most industry cliques and standards and relishes ‘underdog s***,’ which is why he nods his head to this move as long as it’s aggressive. Reading the ENEMY BOARD’S comments I feel what cats are saying to an extent but don’t confuse the two. CONFRONTATION CAMP, and KYLE especially, doesn’t want carry over PE fans for the namesake of it. I’ve told him that’s gonna be hard, with both myself and GRIFF, and even DJ LORD, in the group. As far as my take on it, as long as the music’s aggressive I’m ok with it. I look at VANILLA ICE beyond his early 90s trip and I’m honest about that. I think perception is important, but it rules robots just a bit much these days. If people wanna hold his art and consider him forever wack it’s an unfair assessment to evaluate in 2000. In 1990 there were probably a LOT OF SUBURBAN MCs across Amerikkka who didn’t develop until the mid-late 90s, and probably just obtained their total skills in the past few years. I happened to meet this guy when he was a kid in 1988 opening up for PE on tour in OKLAHOMA CITY. I’ve made that no secret. Tried to sign him then, it didn’t work out and I wished him well, which he did. Always said if the right thing came along there’d be some room to work together. The right thing I considered is the rap/metal collab, which I’ve always liked, and I dug his last project. CONFRONTATION CAMP is getting off the ground and a lot of cats will be uncomfortable. The members are cool with that…"

Vanilla Ice did do a song with Chuck D on Vanilla's "Bi Polar" album. The song was called "Elvis Killed Kennedy." Both of them did a great job on the song, Chuck D did the first verse and Vanilla did the second. Ice produced it, it's not a bad songs.

Chuck D does make a good point there about how people shouldn't diss Vanilla Ice so hard for what he did 15 years ago and be open minded to give him a listen to what's he's doing now instead of callin' him forever wack, he's probably better than a lot of wack mcs out now especially since Chuck D collabed with him when he don't usually collab with too many rappers. btw, how did Beastie Boys' "Licensed To Ill" get to 9 million sold? I thought it went double platinum in the late '80s just like JJFP's "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" and Run-DMC's "Raising Hell" did, I find that number misleading. The reason why I was wondering how much "The Score" sold is 'cause Wyclef boasts in one of his songs: "22 million sold, no group alive could achieve this!"

You're wrong my friend, TLC's "Crazy Sexy Cool" sold 11 million, Biggie's "Life After Death", and MC Hammer's "Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em" sold 10 million, they don't even list Vanilla Ice's album, I'm wondering where's Outkast's "Speakerboxx/Love Below", 2Pac's "All Eyez On Me", and Will Smith's "Big Willie Style" though I think they both went diamond too, I think they outsold Vanilla Ice's album too if I'm not mistaken, I think it sold only about 8 million like "Marshall Mathers LP"!

here is the 17 million thing from vanilla ice.com

http://www.vanillaice.com/disco.shtml

here is what it says "This is the world's introduction to the Ice Age. Released in September of 1990 on the SBK label, this album climbed to #1 on the Billboard Charts by November! It spent 16 weeks at number one. Ten million copies were sold in 1990 alone with more than 17 million copies sold by the year 2000. Despite all of the critics, this record has yet to be topped by another hip-hop artist. To The Extreme seems to be everyone's favorite whether they want to admit it or not "