JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Diss Track against Eminem from Vanilla Ice!

Turntable

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Also V-Ice holds the record for most sold rap album which is his first one "To the extreme" I think it sold 17 million.

http://www.neosoul.com/riaa/index.html

You're wrong my friend, TLC's "Crazy Sexy Cool" sold 11 million, Biggie's "Life After Death", and MC Hammer's "Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em" sold 10 million, they don't even list Vanilla Ice's album, I'm wondering where's Outkast's "Speakerboxx/Love Below", 2Pac's "All Eyez On Me", and Will Smith's "Big Willie Style" though I think they both went diamond too, I think they outsold Vanilla Ice's album too if I'm not mistaken, I think it sold only about 8 million like "Marshall Mathers LP"! :stickpoke:

Diamond is 10X Platinum and that's what "Big Willie Style" is according to this site, selling 12 million worldwide:

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/albums...illie-style.htm

It's funny how rappers lie about how much they sell, I think Vanilla Ice is the only one that probably would say it sold 17 million, 50 Cent said that his first album sold 11 million when it really only sold 6 million in reality, Nas could use that as fuel when he comes after him on his next album.

I agree there have been better diss tracks over this beat

Could you name some?I would like to hear them..

Both "Christina Aguilera" and ICP (ICP being the better version) have done disses over this beat and also another rapper! Unfortunately I can't remember who this was but if I remember rightly this was the best one!

Wasn't Vanilla Ice a part of ICP? He completely sold out going from being a party rapper to makin' violent heavy metal rap, well he ain't the only sell out in the rap industry I guess, most of those rappers who sell a lot of albums are gimmicks that don't represent who they truely are, Will Smith and MC Hammer have always kept their music clean and fun, and 2Pac always put heart and emotion into his songs so they were the exception. Will has had arguably the most consistant career among those listed there, it's amazing that was his 6th album where he sold that much, usually you could only sell that much on your 1st or 2nd album.

Well VI was nothin' but a gimmick to begin with, he bit off of what MC Hammer was doing so he could sell then he tried to be gangsta in the late 90s like everybody else but that plan didn't work 'cause people lost interest from him fast and thought he was a joke.

Edited by bigted

it just so happens that i have the diss track of Christina on my comp. i got it from kazaa a while back when i had it. Its kinda funny and note this isnt the real Christina. But anything that disses eminem is brillient in my opinion, even if they completely lack any rap skills. :lolsign:

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ARHWPX...BX35MXZ530QXI8P

Here's something from the Vanilla Ice website, it's in his own words. Some of it sounds ridiculous but but there is a lot of it that makes since too.

"It's a true story that Video Killed the Radio Star because music should not be about image. Music should be about the music! I learned the hard way. The new Vanilla Ice is exactly that; no image, no polished made up gimmicks created by record companies. I will never be a puppet for the industry again. From this point on I will keep it real. That's why I didn't change the name. It doesn't mean anything; it's only a label. It's not important, plus I am not running from anything or trying to hide. I want people to know that I face my adversaries. Don't get me wrong, though I love Ice Ice Baby, I just can't stand the image that was created for me at that time. Even though it worked and we sold 17 million records, I was treated like a puppet just to make a Hip Hop artist look like a novelty act. I was not designed to be that. I was turned into that by making my image more acceptable to a younger audience, but to tell the difference just listen to the music. It's Hip Hop not Pop like all the other novelty acts.

The media has a way of glamorizing what it's like to be a celebrity, and that's where people get the illusion, but the reality of it is much different. I'm not speaking from just my own experiences. Take a look at the track record, it speaks for itself, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Elvis, and lately Kurt Cobain. These celebrities had a hard time dealing with the reality of being famous. Many used drugs to escape from reality just as I did. It was the only way to find peace and happiness. The thing was, no matter how high I got I still had to come back reality and face it all again. That's when the depression sets in. That's when you hit rock bottom and you either die from it or learn from it. I used to think that money would bring me happiness because I thought of all the material things that I could buy. After experiencing what it's like to be rich, I realized that you are not born with it and you also can't take it with you when you die. What's next?

In '94 I tried to kill myself by overdosing on heroin, cocaine, esctasy, and anything I could get my hands on. At one point, my friends were dumping buckets of cold water on me as I lay on my bathroom floor in convulsions. At that point I had over eighteen million dollars in the bank, and I still couldn't find happiness in being rich or famous. So, after waking up a couple of days later, I realized that I needed to make a change in everything and just go back to the things that used to bring me happiness, like Motocross. I met new friends and started to straighten my life up, and with the help of my family and my music I found new hope.

Now I have a new outlook on life and music. The music is for myself, not to be rich or famous. The new sound is also much harder and darker because of the issues I am writing about. It caters to a new crowd. It leans toward the body piercing, tattoo crowd aging from 15 to 25: the same crowd that you might find at a Korn, Limp Bizkit or Slipknot show. In fact, it was the producer of these bands, Ross Robinson, who produced my record "Hard to Swallow". I call this type of Hip Hop/Metal Molten Hip Hop. Stay tuned because the best has yet to come. Check out VanillaIce.com, my official website, for more info and updates."

"It's a true story that Video Killed the Radio Star because music should not be about image. Music should be about the music! I learned the hard way. The new Vanilla Ice is exactly that; no image, no polished made up gimmicks created by record companies. I will never be a puppet for the industry again. From this point on I will keep it real. That's why I didn't change the name. It doesn't mean anything; it's only a label. It's not important, plus I am not running from anything or trying to hide. I want people to know that I face my adversaries. Don't get me wrong, though I love Ice Ice Baby, I just can't stand the image that was created for me at that time. Even though it worked and we sold 17 million records, I was treated like a puppet just to make a Hip Hop artist look like a novelty act. I was not designed to be that. I was turned into that by making my image more acceptable to a younger audience, but to tell the difference just listen to the music. It's Hip Hop not Pop like all the other novelty acts."

I belive him that.