JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

now what if

Frenetic

Well if JJFP signed to Aftermath, they probably would get dumped like Rakim, who knows if Busta Rhymes' album'll ever come out, Will won't be promoted better there then he is now.

you guys are missing the point. it's a what if game.

i would be dissapointed that JJFP signed there, and i'm not sure, but i'd probably enjoy their music less. i'd be happy with some new skool sounding production, but i don't want to see Em/50 on it. i'd be happy with promotion and fanbase, but i cant imagine FP dancin with half nakes hoes in his vids. i might like the new skool flavor of some songs, but it def wouldnt be real JJFP music and i'd prolly enjoy it less than the real JJFP music i listen 2.

I remember watching a show hosted by Will called "Producer Props." At the end of the show will made a comment directed at Dr. Dre saying that he could use some beats. I believe Will's words were "Dre I need some heat behind me." Does anyone else remember this?

Well if MC Hammer could sign to Death Row dancin' with half naked hoes in "Pumps In Da Bump" video, what'd be the difference if Will did it at Aftermath? I think MC Hammer lost his fanbase after he did that though so that might not be a good look for Will. :rofl:

Edited by bigted

MC Hammer didn't release anything under Deathrow. "Pumps And A Bump" waz released when he waz on Giant Records. MC Hammer totally redeemed himself tho' with V: Inside Out....one of my favorite albums ever.

Well even it wasn't on Death Row, "Pumps And A Bump" was looked at as MC Hammer sellin' out and going gangsta and that's what they'd say if Will signed with Aftermath, were people saying that when Rakim signed there? I don't think the hardcore Eric B. and Rakim fans would be supporting that either, there was no way that Rakim was gonna go platinum even if the album came out 'cause he's not a gangsta rapper , that's the ultimate reason why Dre dropped him probably 'cause he knows that it wouldn't work. Well people thought that Will selling out when he released "Boom! Shake The Room" too but the difference is that Will was able to regain his popularity back unlike MC Hammer but if Will signed with Aftermath it'd be worse, he'd lose the majority of his remaining fans and would have to rely on the commercial rap fans that think he's washed up anyway, it'd be a total flop, the only way it'd be platinum is if Aftermath shipped most of the albums, lol. But if Will could make an album to sound as gritty as "Code Red" production wise I'd feel it, he could write the verses for G Unit so that they won't suck if they have to appear on it and Jazzy could ghost-produce for Eminem's production, but the chances of that happening would be like KRS appearing on Nelly's next album. :stickpoke: btw I think that Tony Yayo's gonna barely ship gold so I think it's the beginning of the end of Aftermath and I think Eminem's next album's barely gonna go platinum, he's shipping 5 million this time when he was selling 10 million each of his last 3 albums, 50 Cent's the same way his first album sold over 10 million and it's only 4.5 million this time, I think Aftermath's reign is ending soon, they're gonna end up a novelty, gradually gangsta rap is gonna fade soon. Will's better off leaving Interscope and setting off Overbrook with his own money, that's the most logical choice for his future albums, that'd ruin his image, he'd be better retiring seriously than joining Aftermath.

Edited by bigted