JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Eminem's Greatest Hits Coming in December

rawad_m

NEW YORK - Eminem's "Curtain Call" is just months away.

The greatest-hits album, set for release Dec. 6, will include "My Name Is," "The Way I Am," "Lose Yourself" and "Stan," Interscope Records announced Tuesday.

It also will include "at least two all-new, previously unavailable, so-fresh-from-the-studio-we-aren't-even-giving-you-the-song-title songs."

Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, is putting the final touches on "Curtain Call," which he has been working on since early summer, according to the statement.

In July, the 32-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, denied reports that he was preparing to retire from recording.

The following month, it was announced that he had entered a hospital to undergo treatment for sleep medication dependency — days after canceling his European tour.

For "Curtain Call," Eminem was quoted as saying: "I have some songs that a lot of people like. I have some songs that only I like. This album is obviously for the `lot' of people

Hate him or love him he will be missed by the rap industry, his style and the way he told us was truly authetic, But i think he has another album in him and if he truly loves hip hop maybe 2, A greatest Hits Cd is not the way to go out.

This ain't a sign for retirement. Come on, Hilary Duff made a greatest hits, and is she retired? :lolsign: LL did one, and he's still doing it. JJFP has had one also. If anything, I think the record companies play a lil bit bigger part in such projects, if not entirely. Just a money maker.

Wheni heard it on the news this morning, it said he is retireing and his greatest hits album had 2 new songs and that was it.

They could be wrong tho, u know what the media is like. I hate the way they get our hopes up like that.

Yep, they got us before too when they said Eminem really was retiring, but it was all just a rumor :damnlorettas:

I doubt he'll be retiring anytime soon. I'd love his greatest hits album 2 mark the end of him making music that sucks...but i think the Eminem i used 2 like is long gone.

Totally agree, the early Eminem was genius... thankfully I decided not to listen to any new material (because I knew it sucked) so as to not ruin the early albums which I still listen to...

will smith did greatest hits. personally as an eminem fan i wouldnt like it to be his final album unless his future albums are like encore. there are some good tracks on there. but mostly not.

wait so is curtain call his greatest hits or another album??

and my final thing is it seems that eminem is trying a gimmick with this whole show thing. eminem show, encore, curtain call. i think he should stop it. i bet kanyes gimmick will wear out too but thats being off topic

Edited by WILL IS ILL

Wheni heard it on the news this morning, it said he is retireing and his greatest hits album had 2 new songs and that was it.

They could be wrong tho, u know what the media is like. I hate the way they get our hopes up like that.

:lolsign: I think that Em's just totally depressed, totally lost his spirit for rap, and his albums reflect that, (and his addiction to painkillers also :3-laugh3: ) Like Will said "You don't even believe what you say no more". :therain: