JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

You know what? DO YOU?

Frenetic

I think rap as a whole is losing popularity, it ain't just Will, the most important thing is that Will stays true to his artistry and he is, I think it's more that fans turn their backs on him, not the opposite.

Edited by bigted

ofcourse it's more important to have a good album rather than good sales..but this albums deserves better... more people need to hear this..

Tim & Max: i know it's also interscopes fault, i gotta admitt that, but still... if will wanted to go all in on this.. he would've waited until next year. cause 8 months on promoting isn't that much. he should've started a small tour by know, done more shows, planned the songs better (the artists decide which songs they do at most shows).

I'd say it's basically 80% interscope and 20% will.

i just wanted to highlight some of wills faults too. cause it's pretty obvious that interscope sucks att promoting artists outside Aftermath.

Edited by MaxFly

Hold on I meant that Will's time in the spotlight as a rapper is just about over but he loves hip-hop, I see him still doing shows and recording as long as he wants 'cause there'll still be a part of him that just loves to do it, I think he loves to do it beyond fame but he probably won't selling 10 million anymore, he should just go back to havin' fun and ignore the critics like he used to.
:word:

Yeah I'm not gonna be a "Loretta", Will definately could've done more of course but I ain't really gonna complain too much 'cause he gave me a gem of an album to enjoy.

ofcourse it's more important to have a good album rather than good sales..but this albums deserves better... more people need to hear this..

Tim & Max: i know it's also interscopes fault, i gotta admitt that, but still... if will wanted to go all in on this.. he would've waited until next year. cause 8 months on promoting isn't that much. he should've started a small tour by know, done more shows, planned the songs better (the artists decide which songs they do at most shows).

i just wanted to highlight some of wills faults too. cause it's pretty obvious that interscope sucks att promoting artists outside Aftermath.

Frenetic, you know that I hold Will to some level of complicity in the matter. We had this discussion a few months back and for the most part, our points were the same. We were even called impatient while album sales were dropping. Where we do differ is on the topic of whether Will set aside enough time for music and whether he is rushing back into film. Will had more than adequate time for music, but it's apparent that promotion was mismanaged and that either he, interscope, overbrook or a mixture of the three didn't do everything that could have been done to ensure the sort of success Lost and Found deserved. The level of blame each party should receive is unknown... I'm not even going to guesstimate, but I do understand that you want to point out that Will may deserve some blame. I think that's fair.

Frenetic, you know that I hold Will to some level of complicity in the matter. We had this discussion a few months back and for the most part, our points were the same. We were even called impatient while album sales were dropping. Where we do differ is on the topic of whether Will set aside enough time for music and whether he is rushing back into film. Will had more than adequate time for music, but it's apparent that promotion was mismanaged and that either he, interscope, overbrook or a mixture of the three didn't do everything that could have been done to ensure the sort of success Lost and Found deserved. The level of blame each party should receive is unknown... I'm not even going to guesstimate, but I do understand that you want to point out that Will may deserve some blame. I think that's fair.

yeah, it's not like i want to diss will. But u know..everybody makes mistakes... sometimes mistakes are made after other people made them and put up an enviroment that is easy to make mistakes in

to me, i think Will milked switch way too much, by now, he could have release at least 4 songs on his album, i mean, if u look at the charts, Kanye has like 2 or 3 singles out and he just released his album. I'd say that Will did take enough time off movies to make the album, jus got the promotion all screwed. And people, STOP HATING ON BORN TO REIGN!!! i love that album, it may not have been the best of Will's albums, but its still much much much much much better than any of the other crap out there at the moment. Songs like block party, nothing on my mind, 1000 kisses, maybe, etc are on that album, so just stop it.

Edited by shuga