JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Party Starter UK release date

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did think this would happen as the promotion only started the week it came out, so i didn't think it would be high to begin with

i went on teletext, ceefax and sky text last night and searched for about 15 minutes and i couldnt find the mid-week sales. It was playing up a bit so maybe i just didnt find it, but im begining to doubt this information, i cant find the mid-week sales anywhere.

If it does enter the chart at 24, there is only so much rising it can do on the uk chart, rising from that to the top ten is almost unheard of.

compare how much partystarter is on t.v. to how much the new madonna one is, it's unreal

i'll do some more searching for the mid week info

calling them midweeks are stupid as they only show sales from monday

Midweek sales come out on a Tuesday and sre sent to all record stores, so anyone who works at one could find them out. Although its only based on Mondays sales it gives a realistic impression on what the chart will be like come Sunday.

I do hope thats not true about being 24 but i did say not to get our hopes up. We klove Party Starter and its done well on TV but it doesn't mean that everyone will go out and buy it.

It'll be a shame if it doesn't hit the top 10 but no the end of the world.

turns out the mid-week sales are true. Big willie from ws.com posted this.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showth...05&page=2&pp=25

I know we cant always tell much from the mid-weeks but so far this has been a huge dissapointment, i would have put money on it being in the top ten. Im still keepin my hopes up that its gonna do a switch on us.

Well us Ukers, did buy it. Just not enough of the other countrymen.

Jonny its not that good at alll really, It is unlikely to get top 20 if its in that position right now. It sucks really.

Sales are consistant whatever day a chart is made on. Especially since its been a Half-Term week.