JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J says lyrics need more balance

bigted

I don't think any of the true skoolers are happy with the commercial image of Hip-Hop and Rap. It's so sad that people like G-Unit and Eminem are totally content with making crappy music and not caring about the music or the listeners at all. It's always refreshing hearing your favorite artists spit on the image of commercial rap...but it's sad that little to no change ever happens.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans need to wake up as much as the rappers do, if they stopped buying it maybe there'll be a change, the way it appears only a few people like us actually care about the negative way hip-hop is potrayed while millions that buy it don't really care and some that used to like hip-hop don't even pay attention to it anymore, parents shouldn't let their kids listen to it but they do, it ain't only the rappers' fault. :word: I want Will to release "Lost and Found" as the next single now and put LL and Chuck D in the video!

Edited by bigted

I think all the positive rappers need to come together and support each other, that'd be the best way to get hip-hop back in the right direction, btw I think LL's fans like me would say that LL's just as famous for his content as he is for his female oriented tracks and hardcore delivery, you can't do 11 albums without being known for content, he could do a song about anything, arguably the most lyrical gifted mc ever, that's just like the people who say Will only does club songs.

btw I think LL's fans like me would say that LL's just as famous for his content as he is for his female oriented tracks and hardcore delivery, you can't do 11 albums without being known for content, he could do a song about anything, arguably the most lyrical gifted mc ever, that's just like the people who say Will only does club songs.

I don`t know if LL is the best Mc ever (Even tho i think so) but one thing is shure..He realy is "The Definition"!

I think there's a handful that you could say that could be the best mc ever and LL's one of them to say the least!

Yeah the majority of the public needs to hear this message, it just seems to be spoken by a few hip-hop heads like us and doesn't seem to get across to the commercial rap fans, I mean if you post this on the MTV board, all the G Unit fans would laugh at what LL said.

Yeah the majority of the public needs to hear this message, it just seems to be spoken by a few hip-hop heads like us and doesn't seem to get across to the commercial rap fans, I mean if you post this on the MTV board, all the G Unit fans would laugh at what LL said.

Yeah they probably would. This message definitely needs to be spread, not just by us fans, but it should be said on tv and on the radio and stuff! People seriously need to hear this...

I think the problem is that as long as there is a market for the kind of music 50 et al. make, they will continue to make it, and the record companies will pander to that market. It's more about the image right now than it is about the music. It's cool to be profane, to rebel against authority and to objectify women. If 50 and others like him were to disappear, would the market still be there for the kind of music they make? It's likely that it would be and if someone felt the need to take their place in the future, that person would have an audience. I guess the question is "Does the industry create the market, or does the market create the industry." I think it's a mixture of the two.

Hey y'all I found this dope mixtape with LL Cool J tracks called "30 Shots To The Dome", it got that "Ripper Strikes Back" song that I was looking for so I'll be copping dis! :rockon:

http://www.mixtapekings.com/hiphop/djs/tap...to_the_dome.asp

I don't know why I didn't ask u! :damnyou: :lolsign: I think it'll be more convienient for me to get it this mixtape since it's only $7 but if I have any problems receiving it or decide not to get it I'll give u a holla, they should update "All World" to be like this!

Edited by bigted