JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

so I listened to Willennium today..

Hero1

• Admin

thre it on..skip straight to track 6 as usual.. So Fresh/Pump Me Up/Potnas damn!!! that is some quality New Skool Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince.. when you hear those tracks you think a new jazzy jeff and fresh prince album is a possibility

That's a funny coincidence I was listening to "Willenium" yesterday too, lol, such a classic! :1-say-yes:

I actually like that 1st verse on "Freakin' It", classic FP punchlines, I think maybe the lines "Mr. Clean but the fact remains/I got girls don't speakin' english screamin' my name/for all y'all talkin' about who you're gonna put in a verse/do me a favor write one verse without a curse" lead to Eminem dissin' FP on "The Real Slim Shady", I normally play the 1st verse of that and then skip to track 6 myself, I don't understand what'd make FP put Lil' Kim on "Da Butta"? I guess Queen Latifah wasn't available, lol. I think if FP rushed to release to 'I"m Comin'" around "The Real Slim Shady" it'd helped "Willenium" sell a lot more than what it did and would've slowed Eminem down if they actually played it that is, lol, FP needs to release "Mr. Nice Guy" or "Lost and Found" as singles to answer his critics back now!

Edited by bigted

Willenium is one of my favorite albums, maybe cause its one of the first I got. I love listeing to Jazzy scratch *FRESH*, haha its tight. There is alot of funky scratches in So Fresh, and Pump Me Up :jazzy:. Potnas is also a GREAT record. Those 3 tracks alone make buying the album definitely worth it. I also like Will 2 K, The Rain, I'm Coming, and Freakin It. Willenium is a fresh album, and to think it was already recorded 6 years ago is crazy.

Well Queen Latifah's top producer Kay Gee produced "Da Butta" so it's definately a possibility that FP was trying to get Queen Latifah or maybe even Naughty By Nature on the track since he was still producing for them still at that time, I remember buying Naughty By Nature's new album around that time too, good times...