JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to perform for radio

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest i dont think it is tell me why, i cant see them releasing it so soon after party starter, wait let me re-phrase that, so soon compared to the switch to party starter wait.

Unless they realised that they shouldnt leave it months between singles. Im not getting my hopes up for anything, im just thinking its for lost and found. :shrug:

It's nice to hear that Will's doing something, as we get closer to that time maybe we'll get an idea what he'll be doing then, I hope "Tell Me Why" comes out before that "Switch" died months ago already so we already know it's not that, lol, "Party Starter" is dead already before it got started, and I personally think it's too late to promote "Lost and Found" but if he wants to perform "I Wish I Made That", "Lost and Found", "Tell Me Why" or "Mr. Nice Guy" on there it's better late than never, I'd prefer that he's gonna announce he's gonna go on tour or perform a new track but as long as he's out there doing something musically I'm happy.

Hopefully he performs Lost and Found, that could spark interest, it would be amazing.

:word: My frustration of hip-hop has lead me to want this to be the next single now, everybody needs to hear this message, too bad there wasn't a way we could all email Will and tell him that we want him to do this!

Man, alot of u are some negative fans. Idealy, the timing and promotion for Lost + Found isn't very good. But it 2 soon 2 say that the album has peaked and that these appearances won't generate anything 2 happen.

Realistically the album has peaked AJ, Its never gonna get back in the top 15 in sales now. Hopefully it'll bring some spring back to sales but not enough for it to pass what it has already reached. Hence peaking.

A good bit of promo for Tell Me Why will help alot and hopefully get it back in the top 40 just for a while.

Atleast Party Starter is doing well on TV here in the UK, im hoping for another top 10 here, maybe not quite with Switch's success though, Who knows.

The album ain't even in the top 200 now though, it'll be a miracle if it even gets back there, that'd be the biggest miracle in music history if it happened to get back in the top 40 but then again with slow sales by everybody it could happen if it jumps from 3,000 to 30,000 a week miraculously, I'm not holding my breath for that, and it's not being negative saying that the album peaked, it's reality but if Will releases singles for another year maybe it'll be certified platinum by this time next year also if the right singles are released, his credablility in the hip-hop circle will be the highest since the JJFP days. I remember when critics were reviewing "Lost and Found", a lot of them were saying that "Tell Me Why" was another boring song about 9/11, the public probably won't like that either. But Will has to try something, the way some of y'all are talkin', y'all sound like you want him to pack it in! He should take the risk to release a song with a powerful message even if it don't sell that much, the most respected mcs are the ones that take risks, not the ones with the most hits anyway, the album sold respectable already, now it's time to just generate more respect.