JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Party Starter is dead in the water

Hero1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame, but I'm not surprised. Will's juggling of careers doesn't help anything. I think this is proof of it. That's an expensive video they got there, yet they blew it by releasing it so late.

Tell Me Why needs to be released now before it never gets released at all. I hope Will finally gets an Oscar so that maybe he'll focus his energy completely on an album.

God Blessa!

You cant vote for it on MTV

You cant vote for it on BET

You cant vote for it on any radio station websites

It's down to 500 spins and losing 75 a week on pop radio

Black radio isnt playing it.

its DEAD before it was even alive :paperbag:

All I can say is Release Tell Me Why Now

but we know Interscope are too dumb to do that :therain:

Another Will Smith album, another botched promotional effort by a record company..

I somehow think that it's always the same, the same with Will... Am I right? I mean always the same stupid things happen, all that stuff with the record company...

i think party starter is a great example of how promotion works. From what i hear its got little airplay and promotion and didnt enter the charts in the us. Then in the UK, its got airplay, some radio play, magazine and tv adverts. With this promo its due to have a top ten hit in the UK (touches wood).

This is the same song which made little impact in some countries but is hopefully going to do well in others. Interscope need to learn a lesson from this and realise how important promotion is.

• 2 weeks later...

i think party starter is a great example of how promotion works. From what i hear its got little airplay and promotion and didnt enter the charts in the us. Then in the UK, its got airplay, some radio play, magazine and tv adverts. With this promo its due to have a top ten hit in the UK (touches wood).

This is the same song which made little impact in some countries but is hopefully going to do well in others. Interscope need to learn a lesson from this and realise how important promotion is.

I don't think they gonna learn! :shakehead:

Interscoope knows how important promotion is.They just don`t promote Will that much.

I think so, too!... :shrug: