JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What do you dislike about Will?

mfuqua23

I know this is a fan site and what not for Will Smith and his potna Jeffrey Townes, but I've always wondered, was there ever a time or something currently that you dislike about Will? Sure your a fan, but has Will like ever dissappointed you with something he said, did, etc? I mean, think about it. Even tho you love Will like the Loretta he identified, is there anything you dislike?

me, I have to think about it myself. :hmm:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah im with hero1...

Theres been a few... the Ready Rock C feud.. the lack of contact with the fans.. I mean... in all those years, Will got to have had a little freetime to send a mail to hero1... many other stars do that to their best fansites...

Its mainly small things tho and im happy as long as I think the next WS cd will become a JJFP cd..

maybe a litttle bit overconfident, like on oprah: "you know i've always known i was pretty" :lolsign: and on BWS, the only negative when i first heard it was that his a bit conceited, if he wasen't i think BWS would be a perfect album for me...and why not release more of your meaningful singles like maybe "it's all good" or "chasing forever" ? ..his albums are much more well rounded then the singles suggest and should reflect that!

For instance take last 4 albums:

Party type singles: Getting jiggy with it

Miami

Men in Black

Freakin it

Will 2k

Wild wid west

Black suits Comin

Switch

now for the songs that better reflect wills personality:

Just the two of us

1000 kisses

maybe party starter but I doubt people would pay that much attention to the 3rd verse, and also see it purerly as a typical "pump you up" type will song..

So ONLY 2 or 3 singles from past 9 yrs that reflect the other sides of Will!

Aight I don't like to focus on the negativity but to get specific, I'm dissapointed that Will doesn't sign to a label that could release his singles faster and give him more creative control for what he releases, not just what he does, if he was able to get a few singles out at this point the album would be multi-platinum and we'd get another album out faster probably, leave Interscope and go to Def Jam Will! I'm not really that dissapointed about how many albums Will releases at this point, I think a lot of rappers that don't act haven't made as many albums that Will has, a lot have slowed down more than Will, he's released 3 albums since the last time Big Daddy Kane and Slick Rick released one, at this point he should just reunite with Jazzy Jeff just tour, make his own website better than that crap that Interscope gave him that's famously known as "Lorettaville", lol, and holla at his fans, and make albums in between, no more rushed albums like "Born To Reign", that was dissapointing, I'd rather wait 3-4 years for another classic than have Will rush something out, quality's better than quanity at this point.

Edited by bigted

I could care less about him shattering box office records, I want him to release an album like every 1 to 2 years like any other rapper.

Yeah but you can look on it another way..

The other Mc`s who are acting much (Ice CUbe and LL) are also releasing not to much Records..

LL the same way Will does and Ice Cube practicly nothing!

Movies.

I dont really care for his movies, I love him for the rapper, not the actor. I could care less about him shattering box office records, I want him to release an album like every 1 to 2 years like any other rapper.

Same here! Don't get me wrong I like his movies! But sometimes it looks like he puts movies over Hip Hop!

Aight I don't like to focus on the negativity but to get specific, I'm dissapointed that Will doesn't sign to a label that could release his singles faster and give him more creative control for what he releases, not just what he does, if he was able to get a few singles out at this point the album would be multi-platinum and we'd get another album out faster probably, leave Interscope and go to Def Jam Will! I'm not really that dissapointed about how many albums Will releases at this point, I think a lot of rappers that don't act haven't made as many albums that Will has, a lot have slowed down more than Will, he's released 3 albums since the last time Big Daddy Kane and Slick Rick released one, at this point he should just reunite with Jazzy Jeff just tour, make his own website better than that crap that Interscope gave him that's famously known as "Lorettaville", lol, and holla at his fans, and make albums in between, no more rushed albums like "Born To Reign", that was dissapointing, I'd rather wait 3-4 years for another classic than have Will rush something out, quality's better than quanity at this point.

:word: I totally agree. He needs to sign with someone that promotes his music very well and releases singles in a timely matter. That's the only thing really disappointing me right now. So I don't dislike Will, just the company he's with and what they do for him, which is hardly anything.

Movies.

I dont really care for his movies, I love him for the rapper, not the actor. I could care less about him shattering box office records, I want him to release an album like every 1 to 2 years like any other rapper.

Same here! Don't get me wrong I like his movies! But sometimes it looks like he puts movies over Hip Hop!

What about Ice Cube and Queen Latifah? It's dissapointing to see them making 10 movies and no albums over the last decade, Ice Cube could be shutting down these fake gangstas and Queen Latifah could still be a top female mc, that spot hasn't been filled yet.